Replies

Cisco Phone CP-8831 Meetme function

OceanwideHK_IT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Model: Cisco UC Phone CP-8831

Cisco Unified CM Administration System version: 10.5.2.10000-5

I am asked to set up Meet-me function on the 8831 phone. As suggested by Cisco manuals, I've done the followings:

1) assigned specific directory numbers for meet me (tested and worked fine on other cisco phones)

2) added the meetme function in softkey template (both on-hook and off-hook) and assign it in 8831 phone

3) Save and apply the config. Reset and Restart the phones afterwards

4) checked the phone and ensure the WAN connectivity is not lost ( no alert message on the phone)

Unfortunately the phones has changed nothing after the restart, I can't find the meetme function anywhere. I've pressed the option "more" a few times in case it miss it.

Can anyone pleaes help? Many thanks for any ideas in advance.

Thanks,

Mike

5 Replies 5

eric.ahernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How did you create the sooftkey template? As I understand you need to copy the  "Standard 8831 SIP" template and saving the copy with a new name. This model phone will only show 'compatible' phone button templates, specifically only ones that are based on the 8831 model.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/adding-meet-me-button-to-template-for-8831-conference-phone/td-p/2683315

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

According to Cisco, meetme option is revised in Softkey template, not the Phone Button template.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/english/adminguide/P881_BK_C136782F_00_cisco-ip-phone-8800_series/P881_BK_C136782F_00_cisco-ip-phone-8811-8841_chapter_01011.html#P881_RF_F36F59E3_00

I've also tried the methods mentioned in the provided link but cannot find the meetme option. A screenshot is attached for your reference.

Many thanks,

Mike

8831 uses feature control policy

Device > Device Settings > Feature Control Policy > Enable Meet Me

Create a common phone profile and assign the policy Device > Device
Settings > Common Phone Profile

Assign the Common profile to the phone

Hi, Many thanks for your idea! Unfortunately I have done the same and the meetme button is still missing. Any idea to fix this stubborn problem? Thanks, Mike

Thanks..., this solved my issue for meet-me on 9971