cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime License Manager-Registration Conflict after restore the VM

wwu
Level 1
Level 1

As we had issue to login to our Publisher, it said 'Data Communication Error', we restored Publisher which contains Cisco Prime License Manager from third party backup system, now our Cisco Prime License Manager says ' Registration Conflict'.

Anyone knows how to fix it?

I changed the MAC to the old one, but this issue is still. Also tried to delete one Product Instance from Cisco Prime License Manager, now the one it says 'Demo License, will expire...'

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

virtual machine needs to be configured with STATIC MAC address as called out in Cisco documentation, as licenses are tied to the PLM Mac address

if its not resolve your issue will suggest raise a Tac ticket with the licensing team.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/11_5_1_SU5/userguide/CPLM_b_userguide_1151_SU5/CPLM_b_userguide_1151_SU5_chapter_0101.html

Thanks,
Jitendra

Thanks for reply. I assigned static MAC address as the old VM's, but it still not working. 

Remove the old instance from the PLM and add the new.. It should work.. 

Response Signature

Thanks for reply. I removed one produce instance and added the new, now this one says 'Demo license'

PLM which you are using is a  standalone or is it coresiding with the Publisher ? Does  the PLM has all licenses you purchased.. If  you have added properly it wont be in Demo License.

Could you share the PLM screenshots ??

Response Signature

PLM is coresiding with the Publisher. 

Here is the alerts. I removed UCMPUB-124-30 (the Publisher which is also PLM VM)  from 'Product Instances' on PLM and added it back and it has Demo license now.
1.PNG2.PNG

We have licenses as below.
But looks like they are fulfilled, should I need to rehost these licenses, as we restored VMs from third party backup system, although I manually assigned MAC to Publisher VM which doesn't work?
3.PNG

Remove All instances from PLM and add it again.. 

Response Signature

Removed and added back, still said 'Demo Licenses'

Anas Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

Changing the new VM network MAC Address to match the old + Waiting for sometime solved it for me