cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG200-50 Switch & Alcatel-Lucent IP Phones

clemalbrecht
Level 1
Level 1

we've recently bouth 2-3 cheaper Cisco SMB Switch and are now having problems running our Alcatel-Lucent IP Phones on those switches. Due to the Manual IP Phones should be supported but we can't make them running. IP Phones are not able to connect to the IP Telephony TFTP Server.

On our other Cisco Switches (for examples WS-C3560-48PS (PoE)) there was nothing special to configure to make them run.

thanks for any idea, help to get this solved.

cheers, Clem                  

6 Replies 6

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Are the phone using POE? What are the phones not doing? What CUCM or CUCME ate you running?

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I found my solution for a Cisco SG200-50 with my alcatel ip phone IC 8082 at this link: https://layer3life.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/cisco-sg200-26port-alcatel-ip-phone/

Two steps and save configuration.

clemalbrecht
Level 1
Level 1

We don't have a Cisco Phone Server but a Alcatel- Lucent PBX. If Poe switch or not does not matter (same issue with both). IP Phones are not able to contact TFTP Server of the PBX.

Working fine with non SMB Switches from Cisco.

Thanks, Clem

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Clem,

Have you verified that your Alcatel PBX is not being blocked by any firewall on UDP Port 69? Are the Cisco phones IP addresses configured manually? If not, are you using option 150 or 66 on your DHCP Scope?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

firewall is open internally and all ip phones are in our internal network. The IP’s are auto-assigned by DHCP Server of the Alcatel-Lucent PBX. Connected through non SMB Cisco Switches like C3560 the IP Phones (Alcatel-Lucent IP Touch 4038) are working just fine, just not connected through SG200-50 and I did not manage to find the necessary setting.
Thanks, clem

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

bredex2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just recently ran into the same problem; so I wanted to ask you if you found any solution (apart from buying different hardware).

Thanks a lot,

Torsten.