Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SNR and Transferring/CFwdall Calls

mnour401917_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am just wondering if you help me with answering few questions that a customer asked.

1.0  With single number reach (SNR) is there any way to transfer calls when you answer the call in a cell phone, for example pressing some transfer codes and then entering the number that you would like to transfer too? Is there any way that I can use mobile voice access (MVA) to accomplish this?

2.0  The Other question is when a SNR Cell phone receives a call it displays the redirecting number (DID number of called IP Phone) but not the original calling number. This is also affecting forwarded calls to cell phones. Customer wants to see original calling number.

The telecom advised that they can support two different why of doing this. The first option is by using a call deflection method witch I’m not sure if CUCM supports this future??? The second option is to send a full E164 redirecting number to telecom, I have tried this but CUCM/gateway is sending DN number (4 digests) instead of Full E164 number. Is there any way to send a full E 164 redirecting number to telecom? ( EPNM is set properly on route pattern, calling/Called number is properly sent to telecom.

CUCM version 8.0.2

Gateway: MGCP PRI

Your help with be much appreciated on this.

Thanks

Mohammed

3 Replies 3

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammed,

(1) Enterprise  Feature Access (EFA) is used to transfer / conference calls from the  cell phone - this feature has no IVR and requires manual DTMF input.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1324052 should help

For EFA , you would

- Configure EFA number (accessible from PSTN) under Call Routing > Mobility Configuration

- Cisco Callmanager service parameter for EFA to true

- Configure the gateway dialpeers to route the inbound EFA call to CallManager

- Initial outbound call leg to the cell phone (SNR call) should select a non-zero dial-peer

EFA  is pretty hard to get working, and even then, it is difficult to  remember the exact pin sequence (as there is no prompt to guide you)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1079592

(2) On the gateway congig page on CUCM, check the setting for Calling party setting - if it is set to 'Originator' or 'Last party redirect'. If 'Last party redirect', CFA / SNR calls will show the desk phone's number. You would need to set it to 'Originator'

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

Hi Sriram

Thanks for your responce, five points for you. i will try EFA and see if it works. regarding the second question, i have tryied setting the caling party to "originator", Last redirect and pre much all the options available on this setting but no joy.

Do you know if CUCM supports call deflection?

Thanks

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

After making the changes to the Calling Party Selection, did you reset the gateway from the Gateway config page on CallManager ? If not, please do that.

If that still doesn't work, please set the CallManager traces to detailed (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml#calm), make a test call and collect the following :

- Screenshot of the gateway config page, containing the name of the gateway and the Calling party selection field

- Using RTMT, 'Cisco CallManager' traces for the time period of the call (both sdi and sdl)

- 'debug isdn q931' from the gateway for that call

- Calling party

- Redirecting party

- Final called party

- Time stamp of call

- Calling number that shows up on the final called party

Thanks,
Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !