Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX10 - external mic not working

rafael.rogado
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

External microphone on sx10 unit is not working, it is SHURE MXA310 mic, sx10 does not even recognize it. We are using 4 pin 3.5mm connector and connected directly to Mic 2 of sx10.

Any idea?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

mbowden7
Level 1
Level 1

If the codec has not changed, then I would say its a bad Shure mic.plug it into a laptop with Jabber and see if it works there. If it does, then there is a codec configuration problem or a bad port on the sx10. Web in to the codec and see if it is giving an audio error.

I do not think it is mic issue, because it is very new. I also found out that sx10 (and sx20) is  not an integrator package. We have installed Shure MXA310 table mic and Shure ANI4OUT as audio network interface and that thing connects to SX10 using 4 pin 3.5mm connector.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Depending on what software version you are running, you might be hitting Bug CSCvc71397.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: