Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco unity call routing/ call handlers

Hello everyone, does anyone know how to make different greetings for lines?

For example, i call 555-201-1234 I want xGreeting and i call 555-201-4321 i want yGreeting

I thought maybe it would be under call routing in unity, routing rules conditions so i made a new routing rule, called it xGreeting, then made a routing rule to where dialed number = 5552011234. 

This does not work, i still get the default greeting.

Any suggestions appreciated, thank you!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't, there is only greeting of each kind per user, you cannot have a different greeting for every single person that might call you. Assuming you want user A to play a different greeting depending of who calls him.

If you mean those are different DNs, each one with it's CUC user, simply configure the greeting for each one, I don't see what the problem might be on that scenario.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yeah, those are seperate DNs,  I am not having any luck finding a spot to where you can select a greeting for each line though. 

Would it be under call handlers? I made a call handler for that DID number that cisco is using but that does not do anything for external calls and still goes to the default greeting. 

I'll keep on searching support for similar scenarios, just hoping somebody on here has done a similar setup

No, there's a greetings page for the users. You'll get the various greetings per user, and you can enable/disable them. What you're asking is one of the most basic things to do when setting up a user in CUC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate