Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco unity connection 8 greeting error

Rajesh Kalra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is a new site in the existing Cisco Unity connection 8 server, hence i had to create a new user templae, in which i did not select "Set for

self-enrolment at next login". and gave a default user password as 123456.

Now the problem is for all ip phones, when the user doesn't answer, the call is forwarded to unity, but instead of the unity default greeting, the caller hears

which I think is the standard greeting:

""Hello: Cisco Unity Connection Messaging System. From a touchtone phone you may dial an extension at any time. For a directory of extensions, press 4. Otherwise, please hold for an operator."

I checked the schedule is all active(no time restriction).

How to get rid of this error, it comes for all the users? I want unity to prompt the user for the default password(which i set as 123456 in the user template), and allow them to check their voicemailboxes for any pending message.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This greeting has nothign to do with them being enrolled or not, it simply means the extension presented to UCON does not match the extension assigned to the mailbox and default opening greeting is matched.

Make sure the VM profile on the DN in CUCM is proper, make sure the UCON extension is in proper partition, and make sure your forward routing rules are not messed up.

Use port monitor tool to observe what digits are presented when the call arrives.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

What is UCON, Is it in CUCM?

thanks

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unity Connection.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App