Helpful
Replies

CISCO unity Connection Uers

A laban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have  question  

i have cucm 8.5 and integrated with  cisco unity connection 9 and i am attempting to create an auto-attendant  where a caller will dial a DID and be greeted with a message and then given the option to press 0 for operation , or press the extension for users 

I have in cisco unity 300 user to use auto-attendant , but i notice my license is just for 25 user to use the voice mail and the other 275 is violate now,

i don't know i need to buy anew license for all users or there another option to fix this issue  

and if i need to buy license what license to buy and how much  i found their two type for license.

thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like you just want a Single Auto Attendant that answers for all the DIDs, is that correct?

If so, you will need to set up:

Unity:

System Call Handler, with the options you require - assign an extension.

CUCM:

A voicemail profile that sends the extension over to Unity ( if 4 digit extension, use XXXX).

CTI RP for the new Call Handler Extension, using the new vm profile you just made

Update user Extensions to CFNA to the new Call Handler extension.

-Kevin P.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

It sounds like you just want a Single Auto Attendant that answers for all the DIDs, is that correct?

If so, you will need to set up:

Unity:

System Call Handler, with the options you require - assign an extension.

CUCM:

A voicemail profile that sends the extension over to Unity ( if 4 digit extension, use XXXX).

CTI RP for the new Call Handler Extension, using the new vm profile you just made

Update user Extensions to CFNA to the new Call Handler extension.

-Kevin P.

Thank you for replay

no not what I mean 

we have like 300  users  in cisco unity and every user  have extension from 4 dig XXXX

my questions is  if i have 300 users for auto-attendant in cisco unity that mean I need licences for 300 users and what type of license and how much ?

If you have 300 user mailboxes, you'll need 300 licenses.  The user's that don't need a mailbox, you can do a call handler for to not eat a license.

In 8.5 you license ports, HA, and Users.  The system call handlers (AAs) are not licensed.

I would contact your cisco partner to order, UNITYCN8-USR.

Kevin P.

Hi kevin ,

Thank you for replay 

i checked the BOM and i found i have this 

UCM-9X-ENH-UCL  BE6K UCM 9X Enhanced User Connect License

and i have 

BE6K-UCL-ENH   Cisco Business Edition 6000 - Ehanced User Connect License   

and 

UCN-9X-VM-UCL   BE6K - Unity Cn 9X - Voicemail license

what the differnt and wich one i can use for user in unity for auto-attendant 

Ah you're on 9x, so ya you'll need to match this license count to your actual users:

BE6K-UCL-VM

I would advise you reach out to your partner to confirm with exactly what you have.  It will likely save you in the long run to have someone familiar with your environment advise on licensing.

you mean 

UCN-9X-VM-UCL

I meant what I said :), UCN-9X-VM-UCL is EoS, I posted the current part number replacement for that.

You have cm 8.5 CM but Be6k licensing for Unity?  What I posted is the additional voicemail user licensing for Be6k, so I suggest you reach out to your partner to get clarification.

Thank you for replay 

Im just wondering how much this license for one user.

Hi Kevin;

can you please tell me if you Know ,can you put user extension in Cisco unity without voice mail .

thank you

Well you can configure a User with mailbox to not take a message under the greeting you will see the option for what to do after greeting is played.  It's set to take message.

If it isn't a user, you can set up a System Call Handler with an extension, and you can configure that handler ot play greetings with caller input options as you see fit - no mailbox.  However you can allow a call handler to take a message and place it in a user's mailbox.

Hi Kevin;

thank you for replay 

​finally it work fine for my case .

its just transfer check box in greeting .