cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity - shared voicemail for terminated employees

williamsmc
Level 1
Level 1

I know this can be done, I just don't know how...  We want to create a shared voicemail account that can be assigned to a user when that person leaves the company (standard "the person you are trying to reach no longer works for the company blah blah blah).  The management wants the person's extension to remain active for a couple of weeks after they leave with the new shared voicemail account, in case a client calls in looking for that person specifically.  I know this can be done with the "alternate extensions", I just don't know how to do it, and in what order.    If it helps we are on Cisco version 10.5.1.  Please help, and thank you in advance.

Mike Williams

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

You are most correct, there are a few ways to do this. 

Let's say the user that was terminated has DN 8450 but we want any calls that come through to 8450 to route to the shared mailbox @ 7005. There are a couple of ways to do this.

In CUCM go to> Feature> Voicemail> Voicemail Profile and  create a new Profile called XXXX (whatever name you want) with a  Description called "XXXX shared Mailbox" the Voice Mail Box Mask will be 7005> Save

Then  via CUCM go to the Users Phones> under Directory Number Config for 8450> Voicemail Profile and change to XXXX (created previously in  above steps)>Update>Reset

Now when a call routes via forward from 8450 to Unity Connection it will reach the "Shared" Mailbox @ 7005.

Or in Unity Connection set up Alternate Extension so that 8450 is an Alternate Extension for 7005 etc.

Shown in link below;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmacx/8xcucmac040.html#pgfId-1458710

Cheers!

Rob