Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity - Transfer currently stored voice mail

BigK
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I would like to know if there is away to transfer currently stored voice mail to different Ext.

I know I can add an alternate extension, reset the password and provide access to the voice mail, but what I am looking for is to have the currently stored VM transferred to new Ext.

Thanks in advance

Karim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My assumption is that you need this for employee separation: dump the messages into the manager’s mailbox before deleting the terminated employee. With that assumption in mind, I suggest looking at the Message Archiver utility.
http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/MessageArchiver/MessageArchiver.html
This will pull the messages of a specified mailbox down as EML files which you can easily send to the manager.

I know that doesn’t do exactly what you want but hopefully it solves the problem anyway.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

You can send\forward the VM to another Unity Connection mailbox. 

The following information is taken from the guide for Unity Connection 9.x , guides like this exist for the other versions of UC: 

User Guide for the Cisco Unity Connection Phone Interface (Release 9.x) - Voicemail Basics [Cisco Unity Connection] - Cisco

Thanks, Drew.

That is not what I am looking for. As stated, I would like to forward the existing VM messages to different extension or let say dump them onto another extension.

Thanks

karim

Still missing what you are trying to do if you are not trying to send messages to a different mailbox? 

Can you give me an example call flow. 

My assumption is that you need this for employee separation: dump the messages into the manager’s mailbox before deleting the terminated employee. With that assumption in mind, I suggest looking at the Message Archiver utility.
http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/MessageArchiver/MessageArchiver.html
This will pull the messages of a specified mailbox down as EML files which you can easily send to the manager.

I know that doesn’t do exactly what you want but hopefully it solves the problem anyway.

it is helpful answer.