Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ViewMail problems

We are running Unity 7.0 and ViewMail 8.0.3 (mostly).

ViewMail playback controls now only work when playback device is set to Phone. When it is set to play over computer speakers, the controls do nothing. no errors, just no action.

I have been unable to find a pattern here, except it seems to be mostly Windows 7 computers that have this problem. This is becoming more and more of an issue for us.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan Beardsley CCNA Voice; MCITP Telecom & Network Administrator DECOSIMO
3 Replies 3

craigp
Level 4
Level 4

Jonathan -

I am trying to use 8.x with Unity 7.0(2) and exchange 2007.

Have you been able to get your configuation to work?

Negative. We have stopped deploying ViewMail because I cannot get answers on this. We are running Exchange 2003, with Unity 7.

Jonathan Beardsley CCNA Voice; MCITP Telecom & Network Administrator DECOSIMO

This is jonathanbeardsley under our official cco account.

Since I could not get any answers on this, we simply began uninstalling it and removed it from the images and terminal servers. Now users get error messages because the viewmail form reappears in the outlook profile. The help desk is incensed with this product.

Either there is something I am missing, or this is a product that should have never existed.

How do I remove the form in a manner in which it will not return? I suspect this has something to do with having Outlook profiles stored on multiple machines, i.e. terminal servers, local machines, etc. This is a huge mess for us and our users.

Any help is appreciated.