cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VoIP- CUCM-Outgoing calls Caller ID

rvaldes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, wonder if someone can point me in the right direction here. I have a CUCM 7.1.3 with 4 PRI circuits all with different main numbers. What we are trying to do is have all out going calls go out but display only 1 number as the caller ID.

For example, when i call from any extension out going through any of the circuits i would like the caller ID on the recipients phone (outside call) to display 555-5555.

Where can i make this global feature possible on the Call Manager? Is a in the gateway, or the route pattern? No idea

Looking for help

Ricky

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Ricky,

There are a few ways you can accomplish this, depending on the gateway protocol:

MGCP

-You can configure the route pattern's 'Called Party Transform Mask' for the desired number. This will send the configured number to the gateway and then on to Telco, no matter what number is calling

-You can also configure the Called Party Transform Mask on the Route List. This would be a little simpler, since you would not have to configure each route pattern.

H.323

-You can do either of the two options above

-You can create a translation rule on the gateway(s) and apply it to the outbound dial-peers or the voice-port.

-example

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /.*/ /55555555/

voice translation-profile ANI-Out

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 9 pots

destination-pattern 9T

translation-profile outgoing ANI-Out

port 0/0/0

HTH

Adam

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Ricky,

There are a few ways you can accomplish this, depending on the gateway protocol:

MGCP

-You can configure the route pattern's 'Called Party Transform Mask' for the desired number. This will send the configured number to the gateway and then on to Telco, no matter what number is calling

-You can also configure the Called Party Transform Mask on the Route List. This would be a little simpler, since you would not have to configure each route pattern.

H.323

-You can do either of the two options above

-You can create a translation rule on the gateway(s) and apply it to the outbound dial-peers or the voice-port.

-example

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /.*/ /55555555/

voice translation-profile ANI-Out

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 9 pots

destination-pattern 9T

translation-profile outgoing ANI-Out

port 0/0/0

HTH

Adam

rvaldes