Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless 840 Phone - Shared Line Issue

silvervoip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

All my end users have Cisco WebEx App profiles installed on their computers and life goes great so far.

We recently purchased a couple of Cisco Wireless 840 phones and wanted to give some mobile users in our factories. However, I noticed that I cannot assign the same extension number on 840 wireless phones. I get ''Update failed. Shared Line feature is not supported''

Did you see encounter this before?

CUCM: System version: 12.5.1.14900-63
Image on CUCM: sip840-1.5.0.1252-42517

And this is what Cisco says on official documentation

Phone button template configuration

Configure a Phone Button Template for the phones. For release, 1.2(0) or earlier, the phones support a one line phone button template only.

For release 1.3(0) or newer, the phones support up to six lines and shared lines. By default, the phone button template has buttons 1 and 2 set to Line and buttons 3–6 set to None. You can create customer phone templates to add multiple lines or privacy on shared lines to any of the 6 buttons.

For details, see the System Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and the Feature Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager for your Cisco Unified Communications Manager release, at Configuration Guides.

2 Replies 2

silvervoip
Level 1
Level 1

Update:

I have 3 different CUCM clusters in production and all of them are running on 12.5.1.14900-63 which is SU4

However, my lab cluster is on 12.5 SU5 and I can add multiple lines and privacy lines so I believe its something with CUCM version.

silvervoip
Level 1
Level 1

We are going to upgrade our clusters to 12.5 SU5.

SU5 fixes the issue