Views
Helpful
Replies

CLID SIP trunk from LYNC to CUCM

shamitha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am currently integrating Lync 2010 and CUCM 4.2 (yes i know its old). Currently the pstn provider has implemented such that they will block any calls NOT originating from the DID range assigned to the company.

Have an issue with the following call scenario,

PSTN Phone A calls -> Extension on Lync -> Which forwards out to Mobile B

its getting rejected due to the above limitation as lync is sending the PSTN phone A's number as the call originator.

I have seen the following on documentation;

“Cisco Unified CallManager uses Remote-Party-ID headers in 18x, 200 and re-INVITE messages to convey connected name and identification information. The Remote-Party-ID header also gives detailed descriptions of caller identity and privacy. Cisco Unified CallManager sets the Party field of the Remote-Party-ID header to calling for calling ID services.”

Redirecting Number Delivery – Outbound

Check this check box to include the   Redirecting Number in the outgoing INVITE message from the Cisco Unified   CallManager to indicate the original called party number and the redirecting   reason of the call when the call is forwarded.

Uncheck the check box to exclude the   first Redirecting Number and the redirecting reason from the outgoing INVITE   message.

You   use Redirecting Number for voice-messaging integration only. If your   configured voice-messaging system supports Redirecting Number, you should   check the check box.

Note The default setting   leaves this check box unchecked.

The questions i have is,

(01) In call manager when there is an incoming SIP call from LYNC which FIELD is used as the CLID field? Is it taken from the INVITE FROM field or does the p-assert-id gets converted into remote-party-id which would work during the scenario IF i used the above checkbox?

Thoughts?

Kind Regards

Shamitha

6 Replies 6

you can change the calling party selection in the outbound call settings.

Calling Party Selection - Choose the directory number that is sent on an outbound call on a gateway.

The following options specify which directory number is sent:

Originator—Send the directory number of the calling device.

First Redirect Number—Send the directory number of the redirecting device.

Last Redirect Number—Send the directory number of the last device to redirect the call.

First Redirect Number (External)—Send the external directory number of the redirecting device.

Last Redirect Number (External)—Send the external directory number of the last device to redirect the call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_2_3/ccmcfg/b06trunk.html#wp1139986

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your response. I tried these settings and still the voice gateway is receiving PSTN Phone A's number as the CLID for the outbound call leg from the voice gateway to the forwarded pstn phone B. Which means the provider blocks the call.

For a CUCM 4.2 SIP trunk incoming call from Lync mediation server, do you know what SIP field is taken into account to determine the CLID? is it only the "from" field?

Shamitha

Hi Shamitha,

if Remote Party ID is presented in the SIP message, it will be used for CallerID.if RPID not there, then From field will be used.

what is the call flow? how the ccm is connected to pstn? could you please post the SIP trunk configuration between ccm and lync? and also sdi traces for a test call?

Thanks

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

johchen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,Shamitha

I have the some problem. I think the cucm will use the FROM field as the calling party info. I can't figure out how to modify this field from the LYNC side, can we use some trick to modify the calling party info from cucm inside direction?

Actually, the lync have a "referred-by" field which contain the redirect party info. Maybe we need a normalization script in sip trunk to replace the FROM field with this referred-by field.

Frank

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you share your sip traces. Include calling and called number. I am surprised lync is using refer for call forwarding. Usually it is a diversion header that is used. If you attach your traces, maybe I can write a normalization script for you. What version of cucm are you using? Normalization script is supported only in cucm 8.x I think

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,aokanlawon

I attach the sip message lync send when they do the transfer.

Actually I want to replace the FROM sip phone number: 6464 with the Referred-by field:

+861084003042.

My ccm version is 9.1.

Thks.

INVITE sip:0018640082845@160.46.65.11;user=phone  SIP/2.0

FROM: "IT No.2 Meeting  Room"<6464>phone-context=enterprise@MPVTIX0LYFEM02.bmwbrill.cn;user=phone>;epid=354404D63E;tag=ed681b54

TO: <0018640082845>

CSEQ: 193 INVITE

CALL-ID: eed367ae-bf01-4482-9333-8f68c0366d4d

MAX-FORWARDS: 70

VIA: SIP/2.0/TCP  160.46.84.148:62893;branch=z9hG4bK56d55323

CONTACT

CONTENT-LENGTH: 250

REFERRED-BY: <>

SUPPORTED: Geolocation

SUPPORTED: 100rel

USER-AGENT: RTCC/4.0.0.0 MediationServer

CONTENT-TYPE: application/sdp