cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 4.1 - Longest Idle Hunt Question (Easy)

dgoodridge
Level 1
Level 1

I'm saying easy because you'll either know the answer or not.

I have a line group configured with multiple extensions on a CM4.1 platform. In the absence of DND, IPMA or Extension mobility we wish to take one of these extensions out of the hunt temporarily, say for instance when the user goes to the bathroom.

My thoughts were to use the call-forward-all function to divert the call on the desired handset somewhere else temporarily. My understanding though is that cfwd-all is ignored by longest idle hunting alogrithm. So the question is:

If call forwarding is enabled on a handset that is a member of a longest idle line group, will the hunting algorithm: A) Ignore the forward but still skip the handset because it cannot accept calls? or B) Ignore the forward but still try to route the call to the handset anyway?

If the answer is A then this will work perfectly for us, however if the answer is B then we're back to square one.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Doug,

Sadly it's going to be "B" here Forward settings are ignored if the

call is routed via the "Hunt" config.

Cheers!

Rob

"Hours are like diamonds, don't let them waste
Time waits for no one, no favors has he" 

- Stones

Thanks Rob. Any suggestions then on how to temporarily opt-out of the hunt in this scenario?

If not then I've either got to configure extension mobility or try to get the IPMA function working but I'm not convinced that this will do the right job either.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Doug,

What you really want is available in CCM 4.2.1 & later (Login/Logout of Hunt  Groups). That being said,

in 4.1.3 you can use this Line Group setting  to achieve the desired result

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter  a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a  call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the  next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt  option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen.  The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all  members.

So if you set the RNA reversion to a pretty low number it will be pretty seamless to callers.

Cheers!

Rob

"Hours are like diamonds, don't let them waste
Time waits for no one, no favors has he" 

- Stones