Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 4.1 to 6.1 DMA for Auto Answer warnings

e.parsonage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a customer who is in the process to attempting an upgrade from Call Manager 4.1(3) to CUCM 6.1(2) as part of the process to upgrade eventually to CUCM 8.0.

Having run the DMA tool no errors are reported but there are a number of warnings, these warning seem to to point to the 'auto answer feature' which is not available on the devices being flagged up.

The devices the DMA seems to flag up is a few CTI Route points and a number of VG224 ports, however for some reason it doesn't seem to flag up all VG224 ports and CTI RP's.

I have cross checked the configuration between a flagged and non flagged and no configuration difference is obvious, an example of the warning is pasted below.

Row: 8721 SQL error: -746(120)
   Warning message (Business Rule Violation): Auto Answer feature is not supported for this device
      pkid                          a3afef19-f7a6-4114-9fc8-8e6155004c55     NOT MODIFIABLE
      fkDevice                      b9647f09-830b-42c8-9631-6f9039c6f704
      NumPlanIndex                  1
      Label                        
      fkNumPlan                     87f4b91c-7b31-4da0-a4fd-3fea91270f8d
      Display                       Loading Bay
      tkRingSetting                 4
      CtiID                         8721     NOT MODIFIABLE
      E164Mask                     
      DialPlanWizardGenID          
      tkMWLPolicy                   0
      tkRingSetting_Consecutive     0
      MaxNumCalls                   2
      BusyTrigger                   1
      CallInfoDisplayMask           9
      LabelASCII                   
      DisplayASCII                  Loading Bay
      tkRingSetting_ActivePickupAlert    
      tkRingSetting_IdlePickupAlert    
      tkPartitionUsage              99     NOT MODIFIABLE
      SpeedDial                    
      fkRecordingProfile           
      fkCallingSearchSpace_Monitoring    
      tkStatus_AudibleMWI           2

I have found a document on CCO refering to another 'Business Rule Violation' but nothing that fits with the warnings, my questions are:

Has anyone come arcoss this before?

Am I safe to assume that the warnings could be ignored due the attached devices no requiring the auto answer feature and the upgrade could be completed sucessfully?

Could anyone help me with a solution on how to remove the warnings or point me in the direction to change the configuration so this unsupported feature isn't flagged up?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Fernando Rivas Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

The Auto-Answer feature is something you configure in the DN and not on the device (phone or CTIPort).

What you need to check is not the port itself, it is the DN associated to the VG224 port.

Warning message (Business Rule Violation): Auto Answer feature is not supported for this device
      pkid                          a3afef19-f7a6-4114-9fc8-8e6155004c55     NOT MODIFIABLE
      fkDevice                      b9647f09-830b-42c8-9631-6f9039c6f704
      NumPlanIndex                  1
      Label                        
      fkNumPlan                     87f4b91c-7b31-4da0-a4fd-3fea91270f8d
      Display                       Loading Bay
      tkRingSetting                 4
      CtiID                         8721     NOT MODIFIABLE

You need to verify the settings of the extension with pkid: 87f4b91c-7b31-4da0-a4fd-3fea91270f8d

If you open the config of any extension you will see that the URL looks like:

https:///ccmadmin/directoryNumberEdit.do?key=6913d012-b06b-3faf-8e87-1f6a3d20cdb5  (or similar this is taken from a CUCM 7.1.x)

Replace the key with the one above and you will see the config of the DN that it is complaining.

You should be able what Auto-Answer setting has the port configured.

Thanks
Fernando