cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 7.1.2: Transfer problem between two CMs in different sites.

manuel.giraldo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a problem with my CUCM solution. I have 2 CMs with version 7.1.2.20000-5 installed in differente sites. One CM is installed in the main office and the another one is installed in a remote site. There is a WAN connection between them. By the way, These CMs are not in cluster, they are independent. In the main office we have a gateway H.323 that has a E1 PRI line to PSTN. There is a conexion to the PSTN only from main office, we have no connection to the PSTN from the remote site.

The problem is the following: When an extension of main office receives a call from PSTN and someone wants to transfer the call to an extension of the remote site, the phone rings but when someone lifts the handset to answer, the call drops.

We have set up a intercluster trunk between the two CMs. Calls between IP Phones in different sites work well. The problem is when the caller is on PSTN and wants to communicate with an extension of remote sitte.

I realle appreciate if someone could help me out.

Regards

Manuel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jehlas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Manuel,

My first suggestion would be to check regions/locations because between sites you may have g729 setup to save bandwidth whereas your PSTN call is probably arriving as G711.

Try checking the settings of the H323 gateway and the trunk connecting the two CUCM's to see if there is a difference, if the regions are the same, check the locations.

Other things to check are if you have 'MTP Required' checked or not and resources are available for this.

Hope this helps,

John

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jehlas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Manuel,

My first suggestion would be to check regions/locations because between sites you may have g729 setup to save bandwidth whereas your PSTN call is probably arriving as G711.

Try checking the settings of the H323 gateway and the trunk connecting the two CUCM's to see if there is a difference, if the regions are the same, check the locations.

Other things to check are if you have 'MTP Required' checked or not and resources are available for this.

Hope this helps,

John

Hello John,

I followed your sugestions and the problem got resolved!. The main problem was a mismatch between codecs.

I really appreciate you support!.

Regards

Manuel

Glad I could help Manuel!

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

John