Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 7.1(5b)SU3 CTI Manager doesn't start on Subscribers

shokatele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm setting up a proof of concept lab based on 4 nodes (1 Pub, 3 Subs) running CM 7.1(5b)SU3. Pub and Sub1 are in location A, Sub2 and Sub3 are in location B.

My problem is that the CTI Manager service on Subs is activated, but doesn't start even if you force it. However, the service is active on the Pub.

The DB replication looks good.

Here is a summary of the services activated on each server:

Publisher

=======

Call Manager

CTI Manager

IP Voice Media Streaming

Extension Mobility

TFTP

Subscribers

=======

Call Manager

CTI Manager

IP Voice Media Streaming

Extension Mobility

The CTI traces don't tell too much - for them it looks like the service is starting, but in fact it is not.

"03/15/2011 22:25:18.402 CTI|CTIManager is starting.|<CLID::StandAloneCluster><NID::10.64.1.201><LVL::All><MASK::ffff>
03/15/2011 22:25:18.453 CTI|CTIManager Alarm initialization Completed.|<CLID::StandAloneCluster><NID::10.64.1.201><LVL::All><MASK::ffff>
03/15/2011 22:25:18.873 CTI|CTIManager Performance Infrastructure initialization successful.|<CLID::StandAloneCluster><NID::10.64.1.201><LVL::All><MASK::ffff>
03/15/2011 22:25:18.873 CTI|CTIManager Performance Infrastructure instance created successfully.|<CLID::StandAloneCluster><NID::10.64.1.201><LVL::All><MASK::ffff>"

Any idea what might be wrong?

Many thanks!

3 Replies 3

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check if your DBreplication is good, might be that some info is not getting replicated to the subs preventing the services from starting properly.

CLI: utils dbreplication status

Also from the unified reports you can generate the database status report to review the replication status.

DB replication checks using the CLI, RTMT and Unified Reporting looked good (2). I've even reset it across the cluster to be sure, but no joy.

I eventually ran out of time (and patience) and re-installed the Subs. All good now, or at least for now

If you ever do run into the problem again you'll get more information about the service if you set the traces to detailed, the output shows only <:ALL> instead of <:DETAILED>, just for future reference.