Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4 Not Ringing Overlay Phones

v0r73x117
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We currently have the issue as referenced in another older post (https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/289965) but I'm a little confused as to where/how the workaround for the older CME4.0 version is to work.

In brief we have two DN's which we are looking to then call a bunch of handsets, as per the other forum post once a call is picked up only that active phone will be notified of any other incoming calls instead of calling the rest of the overlay phones.

ephone-dn  1  dual-line

number 1111

pickup-group 1

label 1111

no huntstop

hold-alert 30 originator

ephone-dn  2  dual-line

number 1111

pickup-group 1

label 1111

preference 1

hold-alert 30 originator

This is then added to the buttons via 2o1,2 etc. How/Where do we add the call forward and hunstop channel options to have them work as desired? Do we call forward to the same number to have it push it over to DN 2 etc? Any help appreciated.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That  techique is obsolete.

Update IOS, and use octe-line DN.

I appreciate it's an obsolete technique, we are looking to overhaul and update but that will take time to properly deploy/re-write appropriately.

As it is a live system we need to ideally first amend this issue to help whilst we prepare for the update. Any help on actually achieving this would be great as I'm slightly confused where the huntstop/call-forwards apply and point to ensure they roll over.

Thanks in advance.

Updating a system is not difficult at all. Usually takes one hour or so, of which only 5 minutes are downtime.

v0r73x117
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread but we finally have the CF card installed. Unfortunately no Cisco stock was available so had to wait a couple of months to get it! I know I know, generic ones work fine but in production they aren't supported (at least fully) by Cisco so our client opted to wait for an official one.

Anyway, managed to perform the update after raising a TAC request just to confirm ideal version numbers and all went ahead smoothly. I amended to octo-lines but we still see the active call being the only phone then able to see any subsequent calls coming in?? What am I missing?

A basic example of what I was expecting to deploy:

ephone-dn 50 octo-line

number 100

ephone-dn 51 octo-line

number 101

ephone-dn 60 octo-line

number 110

ephone 10

button 1:60 2o50,51

Thanks in advance

Hi Martyn,

I hate to jump in on Paolo's thread here, but I'm guessing that he may

have meant to get rid of the "overlay" setup altogether and just go

with "Shared" octo-line DN's

Feature Comparison by Directory Number Line-Mode (SCCP Phones)

Table 18 lists some common directory number features and their support based on the type of line mode defined with the ephone-dn command.

Table 18     Feature Comparison by Line Mode (SCCP Phones) 

Feature
Single-Line
Dual-Line
Octo-Line

Barge

Yes

Busy Trigger

Yes

Conferencing (8-party)

4 directory numbers

1 directory number

FXO Trunk Optimization

Yes

Yes

Huntstop Channel

Yes

Yes

Intercom

Yes

Key System
(one call per button)

Yes

Maximum Calls

Yes

MWI

Yes

Overlay directory numbers
(c, o, x)

Yes

Yes

Paging

Yes

Park

Yes

Privacy

Yes

An octo-line directory number supports up to eight active calls, both  incoming and outgoing, on a single button of a SCCP phone. Unlike a  dual-line directory number, which is shared exclusively among phones  (after a call is answered, that phone owns both channels of the  dual-line directory number), an octo-line directory number can split its  channels among other phones that share the directory number. All phones  are allowed to initiate or receive calls on the idle channels of the  shared octo-line directory number.

Because octo-line directory numbers do not require a different ephone-dn  for each active call, one octo-line directory number can handle  multiple calls. Multiple incoming calls to an octo-line directory number  ring simultaneously. After a phone answers a call, the ringing stops on  that phone and the call-waiting tone plays for the other incoming  calls. When phones share an octo-line directory number, incoming calls  ring on phones without active calls and these phones can answer any of  the ringing calls. Phones with an active call hear the call-waiting  tone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html#wp1013228

So for your example it might be;

ephone-dn 50 octo-line

number 100

ephone 10

button 1:60 2:50

ephone 11

button 1:x 2:50

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info! I've deployed and tested the above and it works a treat, however the next slight stumbling block is on the older 2 button phones. What's the best practice in this instance?

So for example on phone will have the users DDI, but requires two group DDI's - if the octolines can only be assigned to a single button I'm short one? Hopefully that makes sense :S I'm assuming in this instance the only thing I can really do is blast groups?

TIA