at
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we implemented CME with Cisco Router 2921 and IP Phones 7962, 7942, 7937, 6921

all is running fine - except the time dispaly on the 6921 phones

i found a notice on cisco cco

Usage Guidelines

Use the olsontimezone command in either  telephony-service or voice register global configuration mode, with the  current version of Oracle's Olson Timezone updater tool, tzupdater.jar,  to set the correct Olson Timezone.

For Cisco Unified 3911 and 3951 SIP IP phones and Cisco Unified 6921,  6941, 6961, and 6945 SCCP and SIP IP phones, the correct Olson Timezone  updater file is TzDataCSV.csv. The TzDataCSV.csv file is created based  on the tzupdater.jar file.

To set the correct time zone, you must determine the Olson Timezone  area/location where the Cisco Unified CME is located and download the  latest tzupdater.jar or TzDataCSV.csv to a TFTP server (such as flash or  slot 0) that is accessible to the Cisco Unified CME.

After a complete reboot, the phone checks if the version of its  configuration file is earlier or later than 2010o. If it is earlier, the  phone loads the latest tzupdater.jar and uses that updater file to  calculate the Olson Timezone.

To make the Olson Timezone feature backward compatible, both the time-zone and timezone commands are retained as legacy time zones. Because the olsontimezone command covers approximately 500 time zones (Version 2010o of the  tzupdater.jar file supports approximately 453 Olson Timezone IDs.), this  command takes precedence when either the time-zone or the timezone command (that covers a total of 90 to100 time zones only) is present at the same time as the olsontimezone command.

Question: Does anybody can deliver me the TzDataCSV.csv/tzupdert.jar ?

regards

alex

6 Replies 6

at
Level 1
Level 1

... i have found and download a file TzDataCSV.csv on CUCM 8.5 - Maybe i can use this one on CME too ?

regards

alex

Hi,

anyone found a solution for this? IĀ“ve got the same problem with an 8831 conference station registered on CME, which is just displaying GMT.

tftp debug shows that itĀ“s requesting the TzDataCSV.csv, but where do I get this file from? 

Thanks!

Hello.

you can Download "tzupdater.jar" and "TzDataCSV.csv" from CUCM TFTP server and upload both files to CME.then bind this with below command

tftp-server flash:tzupdater.jar
tftp-server flash:TzDataCSV.csv

for rest config if not done refer to below config guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmenetwk.html#95811

Br,

nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi Nadeem,

you can Download "tzupdater.jar" and "TzDataCSV.csv" from CUCM TFTP server and upload both 

unfortunately I donĀ“t have access to any CUCM here, we are just running CME installations.

The "tzupdater.jar" can be downloaded directly from Oracle, but the "TzDataCSV.csv" canĀ“t be found anywhere. Does someone know the content/format of this file or how it could be generated (or downloaded somewhere)?

Thanks!

Hi,

we solved the prob with the 69xx - but i think you have another problem ...

look here

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq48737

BUG CSCuq48737

Symptom:

8831 Phones on CME 10.x may display incorrect time

Conditions:
-CME running 10.x and 8831 phones
-8831 custom pool-type is set to use a 69xx or a 89xx as a reference pooltype.

For eg:

voice register pool-type 8831
phoneload-support
reference-pooltype 6941

Workaround:
Set the reference pool type to 7911:

voice register pool-type 8831
phoneload-support
reference-pooltype 7911

Another workaround is to rename the file but that will cause issues with other phones

Further Problem Description:
-The 69xx or 89xx phones use 'TzDataCSV.csv' for olsontimezone while the 8831 phone uses 'tzupdater.jar' for olsontimezone.

-When an 8831 pooltype is set to use a 69xx or 89xx as a reference-pooltype, the configuration file for the 8831 phone gets updated with 'TzDataCSV.csv'.

for eg:

CME10(config-register-global)#do more flash:/its/SEPAC44210000A6.cnf.xml
!
!true
!SIP
!
!2014f
!TzDataCSV.csv <<<<<<<<<
!
!
!
!M/D/YA
!Eastern Standard/Daylight Time
!America/New_York

-The phone downloads the .csv file but it doesn't work because the 8831 doesn't support this file.

-Once the phonetype is changed to 7911 (which supports tzupdater.jar), the 8831 config gets updated to the right filename. For eg:

CME10(config-register-global)#do more flash:/its/SEPAC44210000A6.cnf.xml
!
!true
!SIP
!
!2014f
!tzupdater.jar <<<<<<<<<
!
!
!
!M/D/YA
!Eastern Standard/Daylight Time
!America/New_York

-This problem may be resolved in a future CME release when builtin support for 8831 phone is added.

hope this helps
Alex (at)

Hi Alex,

this solved it - many thanks!