Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 9971 with Video Enabled Cannot Make Calls

andyvassar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a Cisco 2911 running 15.2(4)M5, which is version 9.1 of CME.  I am having a problem making outbound calls from the 9971 phone that I have registered.  When I dial, the phone just sits there and eventually times out with a fast busy after a few minutes.  I currently have the "video" and "camera" commands configured under "voice register global" and "voice register pool" to enable video on the phone.

I have found that when those two commands are removed, I am able to make outbound calls from the phone.  I am wondering if this is a bug in the version of CME I am running or if it is simply a configuration error on my part somewhere. 

For your reference, here is a configuration snippet:

voice register global
 mode cme
 source-address 10.8.88.253 port 5060
 max-dn 20
 max-pool 10
 authenticate register
 timezone 8
 url authentication http://10.8.88.253/CCMCIP/authenticate.asp  
 tftp-path flash:
 create profile sync 0014032233425515
 ntp-server 67.217.112.181 mode directedbroadcast
 camera
 video

voice register dn  5
 number 7005
 name Office_5
 label Line 1 - 7005

voice register pool  5
 id mac 1C1D.86C5.42E3
 type 9971
 number 1 dn 5
 dtmf-relay sip-notify
 username cisco password cisco
 codec g711ulaw
 camera
 video

20 Replies 20

Hi Brian,

Any other thoughts on this?  I'd really like to figure out what's going on.  Do you think it's a bug?  Mind doing an internal search for me?

Thanks for your help!

It definitely sounds like a bug to me.  I no longer have access to internal tools but did an external search for you.

It looks like you're hitting CSCty61190

Symptom: When video/camera is used on the 9971 phones, dialed digits are not recognized and calls do not work.

That is just a duplicate of CSCtt38880 (https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCty61190)- IOS gateway not handling fragmented SIP UDP message properly

So it looks like the problem is due to the extra video SDP information causing the packet to be big enough to get fragmented and IOS not handling the fragmented message appropriately.

The keyword being FRAGMENTED message.  Right now I am actually running these phones through a dot1q tunnel and neglected to set the MTU correctly on one of the switches that is processing the frames.  Once I set the MTU to a number at or above 1504, I can now make calls. 

Thank you for your help with this Brian!  I appreciate your efforts.

I think CME may not be accepting the call due to no video bandwidth configured.

Try this:

voice register global

mode cme

bandwidth video tias-modifier 512000 negotiate end-to-end

Hi Brian,

That sounded promising, but it didn't seem to like that either.  I went into "voice register global", entered the "bandwidth video" command as stated above, did a "create profile", reset the voice register pool, and still got the same result.

By the way, I can make a successful call if it originates from the SCCP phone.  So we know that the SIP phone can successfully receive calls, it just cannot place them at this point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: