Views
Helpful
Replies

CME/CUE SIP Phones DTMF-Relay

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi all,

Just looking for some clarification on this one.  I'm seeing some conflicting advice about setting the DTMF-Relay on SIP Phones registered to CME with a CUE Module.  I've read some documentation indicating that rtp-nte RFC2833 is the only dtmf-relay supported for SIP Phones registered to CME, however I've also read some documents indicating that sip-notify must be configured as the dtmf-relay on SIP phones when they are communicating to a CUE module.  I'm assuming I'm going to need to configure an MTP on the CME, but just wondering what the official DTMF config should be under the voice register pool for SIP phones.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Logan Gaffney
Level 1
Level 1

CME/CUE can work with either sip-notify or rtp-nte (RFC 2833).  To reduce issues, it would probably be best to just pick one and run with it.  If you session into the CUE module and run "sh ccn sub sip" you will see the DTMF method that CUE is using (by defualt it is sip-notify,sub-notify).  Make sure you have this same method under your dial-peers to CUE/voice register pool's and you should be all set.  There is no "official" method, just personal preference.

-Logan

***Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the response Logan!

Hi  logan

When doing lab with cme 7.0 and sip phones .sip phones are  not recognizing the "sip-notify" dtmf-relay method .It can only recognize "rtp-nte" method and it does not matter weather you are using sip-notify or rtp-nte for a dial-peer pointing to cme .

i configured on cue

ccn subsystem sip

dtmf-relay sip-notify

end

on cme i configured a dial-peer pointing to cue

dial-peer v 3888 voip

destination-pattern 3888

session target ipv4:177.3.11.10

codec g711ulaw

no vad

session protocol sipv2

dtmf-relay sip-notiy

on my sip phones

voice register pool 1

dtmf-relay sip-notify  ------> now in this case cue wont recognize dtmf tones

when i change this dtmf-relay method to rtp-nte it recognizes dtmf tones to  when recording  a message

Hi Harish,

I just faced the same problem and thanks to your information on using dtmf-relay rtp-nte on voice register pool, the CUE can get the dial press when the voicemail option is being played.

Thanks a lot

Best regards,

Guntur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: