cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Endpoint 12 Licenses - CME-EP

JasonPia
Level 1
Level 1

We have converted to smart licensing and are out of compliance with our CME Endpoint 12 Licenses.

The licensing portal shows the part number as CME-EP but I can't find any reference to this online and when I contact resellers they offer CME-UL (and some also say I will additionally need L-CME-CUE).

I'm not 100% convinced that the resellers know what they are talking about. Before I place an order can someone confirm that CME-UL is the correct part number for smart licensing a handset?

Why does the smart licensing portal call it CME-EP?

Can someone also explain the purpose of L-CME-CUE? It doesn't cost anything and I'm not sure what it is for!

I've searched through the existing questions but the in the few questions about this some mention CME-UL and some mention CME-EP. I'm thoroughly confused!

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Read here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/eos-eol-notice-c51-740851.html#Productmigrationoptions

I did order some licenses internally to test this, I asked for CME-UL and they show up as CME v12 Endpoint License in the licenses tab, if you drill down, it shows CME-UL under the License SKU for them.

If you're an end user, I suggest you reach out to a Cisco partner with UC specializations for further assistance with ordering, as things change quite frequently and even between versions. If you're with a partner, you should be reaching out to pre-sales for assistance with PNs, SKUs, ordering, etc.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I have several 7960G with User License, but I am unable to include them to the Smart License Account.

The phones came without PAK, only Serial and Special number, so I can not do the traditional licensing and convert them into smart licenses.

Only thing I can do is include them in "My Devices".

I already sent an E-Mai to Global Licensing Operations (GLO), but they are unable to help.

Marc