Views
Helpful
Replies

CME in SRST - Alias substitute

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

We are in the process of switching a few sites from SRST to CME-SRST and ran into a small issue.  We have some DID's at one site that get mapped to different DN's in CUCM because of dial-plan overlap.  In SRST it was easy with the Alias command.  Is there a simialr command for CME-SRST?  We have about 7 different numbers to change.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Logan Gaffney
Level 1
Level 1

Just so I am understanding this correctly.  Say you have your remote site and the DID block is 555-123-100X coming in from the PSTN.  I assume there is a tranlation pattern in CUCM to map this block to say 2XXX extensions.  But when SRST is invoked you want to retain the 1XXX block at the remote site.

If so a few things will be of importance, namely is the VGW MGCP or H323?  If H323 you may be out of luck based on the specific requirements.  However if MGCP, we can create a new h323 dial-peer that will only be used during SRST.  Then on this dial-peer, you can add a voice translation profile to map to the 1XXX block during SRST and still retian the 2XXX on CUCM during normal operation.

Let me know if this is unclear.
***Please rate helpful posts!

Provided that your CSS and PT assignment is setup in CUCM properly that should work.  Typically if you have a H323 GW that is going to be acting as a SRST GW, you want to do everything on the VG that way you only have one point of failure and nothing is dependant on CUCM.  Of couse making all the translation rule gets slightly annoying :-)

***Please rate helpful posts!