Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - Licensing

shakeerali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our customer purchased C3925-CMESRST/K9 ( as it comes with 25 licenses) he ordered 2XFL-CME-SRST-25 which makes it to 75 licenses.

and i actived license by Router(config)# license accept end user Agreement.......

Now my customer wants to check if all 75 licenses are activated or not. So many questions are:

1. how can i show the customer that all 75 licenses are activated.

2. what are these licenses exactly??

3. how many phones does router support?

4. if number of phones supported are based on router platform then why are we purchasing these licenses ( since we are not installing these licenses also, these are just RTU licenses?

5. is it SRST license or CME license ?? what if i purchased 75 licenses and connect 100 phones???

Can anyone explain to me ( please explain, as i have gone through many links but still i am confused , so kindly explain rather than showing links).

Thanks....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME licenses are not enforced at this time so nothing on the router will show you how many licenses were purchased, only how many phones (max ephone) are configured.

Number of supported phones depending on the router platform which is documneted in individual data sheet for each router type.

SRST and CME licenses are interchangeable, hence it is the same part number.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME licenses are not enforced at this time so nothing on the router will show you how many licenses were purchased, only how many phones (max ephone) are configured.

Number of supported phones depending on the router platform which is documneted in individual data sheet for each router type.

SRST and CME licenses are interchangeable, hence it is the same part number.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Then is it possible not to buy any licenses and use max number of phones that are supported on router platform? ....if that is the case then what is the use of buying license?

Thanks...

Sure, but that would make you break the licensing agreement and basically make it a crime :-( It would be no different than running any other software illegally.

Licenses are RTU and it is end user's responsibility to enfore it.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

My client is asking me to show the 75 CME-SRST licenses that he purchased as activated.. so how can i show him (or) what is the best reply for this?

PS: i am new to cisco voice world :-)

Thanks..

"show telephony-service" and point him to the max-phones which you should have defined as 75.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

one last question can I increase as well decrease the max phones?...

Thanks for the help ....

Technically you can do that at any time, though if are increasing it you should make sure you purchased enough licenses, again these are just RTU licenses so they are not enforced by the system.

HTH,

Chris