Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - Not able to register CIPC

Hello everyone,

When trying to register a CIPC on CME, I'm getting an error on TFTP when it is trying to download .tlv file.

The IP Phones are registering normally.

The .xml file is located on the system storage, but it doesn't seem that the device is able to open it.

I attached the output of the config and the debug tftp events.

Do you guys have any tips to troubleshoot this further?

7 Replies 7

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @KarolineSoares76078,

why your CIPC need tlv file ?

TLV files contain a list of trusted CA certificates and are used to verify the authenticity of the TLS server certificates presented by the IP phone during secure communication with the CME. You are not on a secure mode ?

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Hello M02@rt37 ,

Is there a way to confirm if it's on secure mode?

I don't see the IP Phones looking for .tlv file and they are registering normally.

On your log file it seems that tlv file is the key:

1w3d: TFTP: Server request for port 64561, socket_id 0x4AAC1320 for process 193
1w3d: TFTP: read request from host 192.168.2.83(64561) via FastEthernet0/0.20
1w3d: TFTP: Looking for CTLSEPD09466C6DD4C.tlv
1w3d: TFTP: Sending error 1 No such file

To disable TLV downloading on CIPC, you can follow these steps:

Open Cisco IP Communicator on your computer.

Click on the "Settings" button located at the bottom right corner of the window.

Click on the "Security Configuration" tab.

Under the "Security Profile" section, select "Non-secure" from the drop-down menu.

Click the "Save" button to apply the changes.

Once you disable the TLV downloading on CIPC, it will use its locally configured security settings.

Best regards

M02@rt37 , thank you for the suggestion.

I verified the settings on CIPC, but it was already set to "Non-secure", on the "Security Profile".

I still can't get this device to register.

Hello @KarolineSoares76078 

Is there a way to reset this CIPC? Do you create cnf files? Do you please share the XML file of that CIPC?

Also, disable the CTL file download on CIPC, you can remove the CTL file reference from the phone configuration file. Here's how:

--Open the phone configuration file in a text editor, such as Notepad.

--Search for the "CTLFile" parameter.

--Remove the reference to the CTL file, including the file name and extension.

--Save the changes to the configuration file.

Is there any menu on your CIPC that make reference to the CTL file? If yes try to delete also this file:

--Press the Settings button on the CIPC phone.

--Scroll down to Security Configuration and press Select.

--Enter the phone's Admin password.

--Scroll down to CTL File and press Select.

--Choose Delete.

--Confirm the deletion.

--Reboot the phone.

Best regards

Hello M02@rt37,

Yes, I tried resetting the CIPC, but the issue persists. After configuring the device, I performed a "no create cnf-files" and then "create cnf-files" under telephony service.

On the menu, in Security Configuration, I found a CTL file pointing to the CME IP address.
I unlocked the configuration using **# and clicked to erase file, but the CIPC returns to home screen and shows a message "Erasing CTL file".
But when I go to the Security section, the file is still there and the device remains stuck on "Registering".

When looking at the tftp-bindings, I can find the cnf.xml of the CIPC listed (SEPD09466C6DD4C.cnf.xml), but I'm unable to open it. When I try to open, it returns "no such file".

The file that I can open is XMLDefaultCIPC.cnf.xml, and I attached below the .txt of it.

Hello @KarolineSoares76078,

Check if there are any other security settings that may be preventing the CIPC from registering, such as certificate. 

On telephony-service configuration mode, do you have the command, no ctl-file?

Best regards