Replies

CME Parallel Blast Group and DNIS

pmcallion
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any help appreciated on this one

Running CME 8.0

I have a group of 15 sales staff which are members of a parallel hunt group which accepts inbound calls from 5 different DID numbers.

I need the staff to be able to identify the number the caller dialed using directory lookup.

DNIS lookup works if the hunt group is a ephone hunt-group but not if it's a voice hunt-group.

I need to use voice hunt-groups to enable parallel (Blast) funtionality. (Keeps the sales guys eager!!)

Is their anyway I could keep the blast funtionality and have the called number/directory name dispalyed?

I know I could overlay a DN but this may be a bit restrictive as they could have alot if inbound calls at one time and once they take a call could tie up that DN for a long time.

Thanks

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all, it would be probably better if you could use regualar ephone-hunt with login/logout softkey. I know that many customers really believe that racing for calls is the best, however I have disproved that in all cases and they had to agree with me afterwards. Beside, ephone-hunts, unlike voice hunts, supports statistics to tell management about each operator individual performance.

This being said, once you use voice hunts, you loose the native support for "service dnis dir-lookup", that is supported exclusively on SCCP phones. To keep this feature, one possiblity is using shared lines with octo-line DN.

Then for situations where the above is still not possible,  I've added a called number display feature to both my "B/ACD-AA" and "number 2 name" TCL/ICR scripts, that can be acquired at www.ciscoscripts.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You could try building a ephone type hunt group which refers to the blast type group.

Something like this.
8000 is target number, this links from the ephone huntgroup which
only has a member of the blast group 8888.

!
!
ephone-hunt 11 sequential
pilot 8000
list 8888
final 8888
!
!
voice hunt-group 44 parallel
pilot 8888
list 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004
final 2000
timeout 20
!

Regards
Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

acampbell wrote:

Hi,

You could try building a ephone type hunt group which refers to the blast type group.

Something like this.
8000 is target number, this links from the ephone huntgroup which
only has a member of the blast group 8888.

!
!
ephone-hunt 11 sequential
pilot 8000
list 8888
final 8888
!
!
voice hunt-group 44 parallel
pilot 8888
list 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004
final 2000
timeout 20
!

Regards
Alex

I'm afraid that cannot be done.

Ephone-hunt list members can only be "normal ephone-dn" numbers and nothing else.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all, it would be probably better if you could use regualar ephone-hunt with login/logout softkey. I know that many customers really believe that racing for calls is the best, however I have disproved that in all cases and they had to agree with me afterwards. Beside, ephone-hunts, unlike voice hunts, supports statistics to tell management about each operator individual performance.

This being said, once you use voice hunts, you loose the native support for "service dnis dir-lookup", that is supported exclusively on SCCP phones. To keep this feature, one possiblity is using shared lines with octo-line DN.

Then for situations where the above is still not possible,  I've added a called number display feature to both my "B/ACD-AA" and "number 2 name" TCL/ICR scripts, that can be acquired at www.ciscoscripts.com

Thanks Paolo,

You've confirmed what I suspected!

In relation to your TCL scripts, are you saying that the "Name 2 number" script will solve my problem regarding blast groups and DNIS?

I implemented the login/logout softkey a while ago and seemed to work well for the first few weeks.

The problem is that the staff have got lazy and the client wants the phones answered as quickly as possible without having to rely on staff to logout if not at their desks, I did try the auto-logout feature but then they never logged back in!! :-)

Paul

That is the exact description of most workplace situations that I've seen where they wanted blast rings.

They have an employee performance/attitude problem, but expect to solve it by adapting the system to poor practices - wrong in my book.

Yes as indicated above, both my scripts can display the called number as a string on any phone type.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: