cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Redundancy?

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

In my setup I have Cisco3845 CME routers(C3845-VSEC-CCME/K9), one with CUE module, other with non-CUE(The customer is o.k. not to have voicemails if the CUE-module CME router fails). Both the CME are on same localtion/Lan.

Each router will have one E1 line from PSTN.The Telco sends call to both CMEs in round robin.

How can we achieve CME redundancy in this setup?

1)configuring Redundant Router: Reference CME Admin Guide-Page 117

OR

2)HSRP

>>For CME Admin guide, it says on page 144 For configuration information, see the "SCCP: Configuring a Redundant Router" section on page 117.

But under the section:SCCP: Configuring a Redundant Router as a pre requisite it mentions following:

The physical configuration of the secondary router must be as described in the "Redundant Cisco Unified CME Router" section on page 104. >> which means fxo port with Splitter:

2)HSRP>> I heard some issues with phone registration to standby router if active router fails. Also what would happen to incoming calls coming from PSTN>> will they be able to go to IP Phones, since this router is in Standby mode?

Bearing in mind that the Telco is sending calls to both CMEs in round robin, since each CME has one E1 line from Telco.

Thanks

31 Replies 31

I Nick,

As I mentioned, sicne I am using Octal ephone-dn, I am already getting 8 parties whom I can put in conference, hence I am not required to use preference/huntstop.

Are you able to look the config for something else?

Can transcoding be the culprit?

thanks

If you're doing this with shared line DNs,(same DN), you may still need that configuration.

I would check 'show sccp' to make sure it's still registered, and then check your DN configuration against the configuration guide. Generally that's all there is to it.

-nick