cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Router, Polycom Phones with external carrier Voicemail, no CUE. Can we enable MWI?

prabhu050446
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Routing and switching guy with no insight into voice, need some assistance.

I need to have 8 polycom phones setup with PBX circuit on CME router which has CUE but does not have any configuration. All phones are setup with external carrier provided dedicated voicemail number. Unanswered calls are being forwarded to VM and I have no issues with VM, except one, which is if I leave a voicemail message the phone doesn't notify (SoundPoint IP 670 - red light for MWI) the user saying that there is vm message. 

I have tried below XML config on phone but did not work

<msg msg.bypassInstantMessage="1">
<mwi msg.mwi.1.subscribe="" msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact" msg.mwi.1.callBack="91VM#"

My question is can we have MWI with external voicemail without CUE?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yeah, so if there is an external voicemail system handling the VM's, that system would and should handle your MWI as well.
If you have an external VM, then why are you using CUE ? Is it for IVR ?

Thank you Nipun for response. We moved from one architecture to other and CUE was inherited from previous architecture, it doesn't have any configuration.

I changed the MWI part on the cfg files on tftp server but no red light indicating message wait.

Any ideas?

Thank you

I am really not sure how would the external VM work and how does Polycom handle the MWI. But the VM server should send a SIP Notify to the Polycom phone in questions instructing it to light the MWI lamp.

Oh ok, if this the case I will contact the carrier and see if they can enable this MWI feature on their side. Will let you know once I hear from carrier.

Thanks a lot once again Nipun.