Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME set label on a SIP device

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing some issues configuring a simple text label on a SIP third-party device.

I registered correctly the SIP device on the CME but when I try to call any internal phone (Cisco IP phones), I cannot read the label text, but only the internal number of the device.

I think it could be related to the username and pw conifgured for the SIP but, in order to register correctly the device, I need to set the username equal to the extension number.

Here is my config:

voice register global
create profile sync xxxxxxxxx
!
voice register dn 1
number yyy
allow watch
name TEST
label TEST
!
voice register pool 6
id mac XXX.XXX.XXX
number 1 dn 1
presence call-list
username yyy password ******
description TEST
codec g711ulaw

Is there something that I'm missing?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

If you are using a 3rd-party-sip device, it might be that the name portion of CLID must be set in the configuration of the endpoint itself. The "name" setting on the voice register dn should be sufficient, but I don't know for sure if that setting works for the 3rd party devices. 

I know in MicroSIP and Bria that there is a separate field for registration name and for caller id. If you are using a 3rd party hardphone, though, a setting like that might be harder to access - if it's even available.

I know that's not much help.

Maren

Hi Maren,

thank you for your reply!

I configured something related to the device name on the 3rd-party-sip device but still nothing.

I suppose that the device name is retrieved on the CME so it could be the reason why when someone calls from that SIP number there is no association on the CME index.

Is there a way to associate the SIP number to an ephone number?

I read that it is possible with the command:

shared-line

under the register dn settings but it is not configurable under the ephone-dn settings.

Thank you for your help.

For CME, simply having the same number configured on a voice register dn and an ephone-dn will cause them to ring at the same time. Depending on how the DN is configured there are different rules for who can answer, hold/unhold etc.

Here is a link to a description of the behavior.

CUCM Express Admin Guide / Chapter: Configuring Phones to Make Basic Calls - Mixed Shared Lines 

I hope you find this helpful.

Maren

Hi @sergio-fiorentino ,

On third party phones, you can customize Display Name directly on them. Eg. I use Bria Phone that has a Display Name field per-account that is the one that you will show on called Phones

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"