Views
Helpful
Replies

CME SIP trunk help

fearless.rabbit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Im struggling to configure SIP trunk between Shoretel Mobility Router and my CME running on ISR3945E. They are in a same room, directly connected. Voice tasks of this kind are something I dont cope easily with, as I come from switching/routing domain, and do voice on pretty much trivial basis.

Anyway, SIP as a protocol is already running on my CME, since I have few SIP extensions live using X-lite software. Could someone kindly guide me through the process of making this SIP trunk work, pointing to local IP address of Shoretel router?

Googe presented me with this piece of config, and I wonder if that`s all to it:

dial-peer voice 1234 voip

description ** SIP trunk **

destination-pattern 8...

monitor probe icmp-ping

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Do some ports need to be specified also? Something else I missed?

Thank you,

Milos

2 Replies 2

Aashish Jolly
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Milos,

Do you have the following configured

voice service voip

allow-connections sip to sip

SIP Trunks on CME are typically configured under sip-ua configuration mode. Here's an interesting document

Cisco CallManager Express (CME) SIP Trunking Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a00808f9666.shtml

HTH
Aashish

This whole SIP thing turned out to be much easier than I expected, having SIP as a protocol already up and running on my CME. It was just a matter of adding a dial-peer voice rule and specifying the IP address of other device.

There is probably some optimization I could have done, but Im not fixing if it`s not broken, for now at least