Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Recovery Password Issue

I have forgotten CMS's admin password, and I can't find any way to recover it.

please any help, there is no reference through the internet or cisco about this problem.

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Meeting Server virtual machine needs a password reset procedure
CSCve61289

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, I don't have another admin-level account configured.

As currently there is no mechanism, you want to exhaust your options trying out passwords that might have been used, before planning a reinstall of the system.

And if you have any other CMSs, want to start creating alternate admin accounts to prevent this situation in any other system.

HTH

java

Does this have what you need?

Cisco Meeting Server Release 2.7 MMP Command Line Reference 

Then go to Page 64: "10.12 Password Recovery/First Boot for the Acano X-Series Server"

Maren

Hi Maren, my CMS isn't a physical server.

It is VM deployed on Esxi

Hi,

Any fix so far ?

Thanks

No, the enhancement request remains open.

HTH

java

robert.p
Level 1
Level 1

Two collab admins in our office who both wrote down password hits can't log into the CMS.  There has got to be an issue with the CMS if no one can log in anymore.  We haven't logged in to the CMS in a while and we were told that might be the issue, but how are we supposed to log in again?  

I discovered a work around.  I am doing daily backups using the procedures in the link below.  I SSH'd to SFTP server that is doing the backups.  I then SSH'd to CMS and it does not require a password.  I then created a new admin account and was able to log in.  My existing admin account did not have an expired password and I changed the PW and it still did not work.  I will probably recreate all my admin accounts.

https://meeting-infohub.cisco.com/faq/content/5/41/en/how-can-i-back-up-the-meeting-server-configuration-automatically.html

What do you mean by SSH? I've tried accessing via putty and it's requiring
a password.

Hi,

As you can see from the posted guide, there is a way to trust an ssh session between two hosts by exchanging a key so no password is needed to login.

So as @JasonSheerin84324  mentioned, he logged in his SFTP server and performed an ssh command with no need to type a password.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: