Views
Helpful
Replies

.cnf.xml , .cnf format files on tftp

sarahr202
Level 5
Level 5

Hi everybody

I just find this link explaining what config file is requested by cisco ip phone from tftp server during boot up.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmsys/a02tftp.html

A quote from the link:

If a phone has an XML-compatible load, it requests a .cnf.xml format configuration file; otherwise, it requests a .cnf file.

what are those some firmware when loaded on the ip phone, will cause it to request  cnf.xml format configuration file from tftp during boot up ?

Thanks and have a great day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, everytime the phone boots up it request the file, and if you change something in the CUCM config and it asks you to reset/reload the phone, it's because the config file changed and it needs to be reloaded with the new parameters

But that's no FW, that's a configuration file with things like directories URL, CUCM group, etc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, everytime the phone boots up it request the file, and if you change something in the CUCM config and it asks you to reset/reload the phone, it's because the config file changed and it needs to be reloaded with the new parameters

But that's no FW, that's a configuration file with things like directories URL, CUCM group, etc

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime.

I am sorry for the confusion.   When a phone boots up, it request files in a specific order Now what files will be requested i,e the files with xml extension or cnf extension, depends upon the FW currently executing on the phone.

My question is what are some FW which causes Phone to request XML.Cnf format during boot up?

thanks and have a great day.