Views
Helpful
Replies

Colocation of Call Manager

gadgroupllc
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We currently have Cal Manager 7.x configured at main location with 70 7940 IP Phones.  We would like to move our Call Manager platform to a data center to take advantage of power, redundancy settings, generator, etc.

1)  Can anyone shed any light on doing this?

2)  How is E911 handled

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have a single CallManager server?

It sounds like you have a single server, in that case you would move the server to the data center, take care of power, cooling, network cabling, routing, etc.

At your main location you would have a PSTN router, which you probably have today, and that would easilt handle your E911.

Have you had a look at the SRND?  Or even the CIPT1 book?

Currently we have two servers.  Maybe I can configure one in the data center to act as the secondary if the primary goes offline.  My prmiary reason for considering a Data Center is to ensure that the phone system continue to answer calls in the event of power outage at main facility.  My thought is if we remove the phone system from the main facility and place it at a data center, we can configure it such that calls are picked up by the auto attendant and voicemails are stored even if connectivity is lost to main facility.

So the normal process would be:

Data Center Call Manager / AA answers phone --> calls are sent to appropriate phone at main facility over some kind of transport (Internet or T1)

If power outage

Data Center Call manager / AA answers phone and calls are just dumped into appropriate voicemail.