Replies

command alias doesn't work in SRST8.0

xiaoliangyue
Level 1
Level 1

configuration:

call-manager-fallback
  alias 1 8411 to 96045558400

got busy tone when 8411 is dialed. any idea?

thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

d.hillman
Level 1
Level 1

From what I understand you can not use aliases to hairpin calls out to the PSTN.  You'll have to use a combination of translation rules and dial-peers.

View solution in original post

dksingh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's incorrect use of alias command...

Remember individual alias commands are activated only after the DN (number following "to" keyword in alias command)

register with the SRST router. What that means is that once that DN registers a virtual dialpeer is created for it for the

call routing purposes. So alias commands can in essence route to an IP phone DN only. Now if u set that DN to CFA, u

can go to any destination...

I'd use a xlation instead.

HTH,

DK

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

d.hillman
Level 1
Level 1

From what I understand you can not use aliases to hairpin calls out to the PSTN.  You'll have to use a combination of translation rules and dial-peers.

dksingh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's incorrect use of alias command...

Remember individual alias commands are activated only after the DN (number following "to" keyword in alias command)

register with the SRST router. What that means is that once that DN registers a virtual dialpeer is created for it for the

call routing purposes. So alias commands can in essence route to an IP phone DN only. Now if u set that DN to CFA, u

can go to any destination...

I'd use a xlation instead.

HTH,

DK