Im trying to configure a FXS port as a hotline.
I need to configure FXS port to make a call to an specific phone number as soon the phone is off hook.
the endpoint ext is registered on the CUCM.
I tried to follow the following steps to achieve this:
any help please!!! im doing a cutover!
If the fxs ports are controlled by MGCP, then you dont need connection plar. In the MGCP gateway >>Endpoint configuration page for FXS ports >>>Auto-Attendant-DN>>>XXXX
Where XXXX is the number/intercept you want the fxs phone to call automatically when the phone go offhook.
++ So when the phone goes offhook, onhook_offhook indication VPM message will sent to the IOS, and IOS will recognise via the dial-peer that the application is MGCP. So it will send a notify message to CCM, and CCM will send CRCX, and call will go further.
I tried your and for somereason did not work.. i dont know why but i tried this steps
1. Create a partition called "Hotline".
2. Create a calling search space called "Hotline-CSS".
3. Move the partition "Hotline" into the "Hotline-CSS" calling search space.
4. Create a translation pattern. Leave the pattern itself blank, select "Hotline" as partition, and specify a calling search space that contains the number that the PLAR phone needs to dial. Enter the destination number in the "Called Party Transformation Mask" field.
5. From the configuration page of the gateway, select the port connected to the analog phone that will serve as a PLAR phone.
6. Set the "Calling Search Space" field to "Hotline-CSS" for this port.
7. Reset the MGCP member.
++ What happens when you configure Attendant DN in MGCP ep configuration, did you hear fast busy ?
Can you turn on following debugs and go offhook on the analog phone connected FXS port.:-
++ Debug vpm sig
++ Debug mgcp packets
++ Debug voip ccapi inout
Ok, the steps you have mentioned from a different thread looks logical to me. But make sure that the translation pattern CSS does have access to the partition of the destination phone which you want to ring. Reset the MGCP Gateway.
Collect theDetailed CCM traces from CCM, and attach it here. I will quickly take a look.
I was trying this in my lab and got it working. Here is what I did:-
++ Created partition named "hotdial"
++ Created CSS named" hotdial" and assigned" hotdial" partition to it.
++ Then created Translation pattern like mentioned in the below link and assigned the partition as "hotdial" and css as "hotdial".
++ Then configured the phone I wanted to ring when my analog phone goes offhook, and assigned it to the partition "hotdial".
++After that I assigned "hotdial" CSS to MGCP fxs port. Saved the config and apply the config.
If the above steps didnt work, try changing the port direction to outbound only in FXS port for attendant DN..
We are having a similar issue with CUCM 11.5 and VG320/350 gateways. We tried these instructions but get a fast busy. Any recommendations for setting up a hotline on VG320/350 gateways via MGCP? Is there a service parameter we need to enable on the CUCM server?