Views
Helpful
Replies

Configureable Calling number display for enhanced line mode

Joshua
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

According to cisco documentation for firmware release 14.1 for Cisco IP Phones there is an an improved call connected status and line label display for Enhanced line mode. The Line text label display in ELM parameter within product specific configuration area is not visible within the Cisco 8861 IP Phone which I believe is due to the fact that a specific device package is required.

#1. What actual device package might be needed to enable this option

#2. Will this Configureable Calling Party number option allow for phones that have Enhanced Line mode to display the incoming calling party number on Cisco IP Phones? As of right now the IP Phones are not showing the incoming calling party number but are instead only showing the Directory Number of the phone that is receiving the call.

Thank you for any insight as to what device package might be needed to test this option, and or if this is the actual option needed to display incoming calling party number for enhanced line mode enabled phones.

7 Replies 7

Hi Joshua,

Which version of CUCM are you running?
Here is the device package to enable that feature on CUCM 12.5

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286322286/type/282074299/release/12.5(1.18198)

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Also if there is no way to show both the name and number in enhanced line mode for connected calls, because right now only the name is displaying on connected calls along with the directory number of the phone that received the call, would the solution to make the calling number appear for connected calls be within the SIP trunk inbound calls > connected calls setting to change the calling number to allowed and the name be denied for the connected calls?

if there is a way to show both the calling party number and name in enhanced line mode without having to move to a different device package, or if there is a way to make the calling party number show for calls in connected status that would be greatly appreciated whatever is suggested thank you

Hi Joshua,

The only way is to put "The Line text label display in ELM parameter " to disable even when you enable Line Mode to Enhanced.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Thank you for the response but can you please tell me where that setting is located? I was told it was in the Product Specific Configuration layout of the Device > Phone section of CUCM but it is definitely not there in this version, so was curious where this setting was located.

Thank you!

Hi,

It's located at the end of the phone configuration page is the very last option.
You version is 2 years old so I suggest you to upgrade it to the latest one.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

If in CUCM Cisco Unified CM Administration I click Device > Phone > and then a phone > and then go to Product Specific Configuration layout area > the last item in the list is " Dedicate One Line for Call Park." Additionally, there is no mention of "The Line text label display in ELM parameter ". This is with firmware version sip88xx.14-2-1-0001-14 I am using as a test phone. Other earlier firmware version also do  not show the line text label display in ELM parameter. Any other suggestions other than upgrading to a different device package like if there is a way that is guaranteed to show just the calling party number instead of the calling party name for example in the Connected Call settings of the Inbound Sip Trunk- if the Connected Call settings for the Calling Party name are set to denied, do you think that it would show the calling party number instead of the name? Thank you.