cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring call park feature across nodes

Carl Morgan
Level 1
Level 1

It would seem that I am failing to grasp how to configure the call park feature. I am running CM v10.5.2, with a pub and two subs. Here is my problem: The call park feature works as designed when I register the call park range on node 2(sub) and this is regardless of where the end device is registered. When I register the call park range on node 3(sub) I can no longer park calls...."Call Park destination not available". My questions is why will call park only work if I register it to node 2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you change this???

This parameter determines whether the call park feature is implemented clusterwide or restricted to a specific Unified CM node. Valid values specify True (call park numbers/ranges apply clusterwide and are not Unified CM node-specific) or False (a Unified CM node is required to be associated with call park numbers/ranges and the numbers/ranges cannot overlap across nodes). When this parameter is set to True, the field Cisco Unified Communications Manager, on the Call Park Configuration window in Unified CM Administration is ignored. You will be required to make a selection in that field, but if this parameter is set to True, Unified CM will not enforce the selection. Note: In order for the change to take effect on a cluster-wide basis, you must restart all Cisco CallManager services. This parameter will be removed in Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 9.0(1), at which time the call park feature will function clusterwide by default and the per-node field, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, on the Call Park Configuration window in Unified CM Administration will be removed.
  This is a required field.
  Default: False
  : In order for the change to take effect on a cluster-wide basis, you must restart all Cisco CallManager and Cisco CTIManager services in the cluster.

Besides that, I'd check CSS/partitions

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you change this???

This parameter determines whether the call park feature is implemented clusterwide or restricted to a specific Unified CM node. Valid values specify True (call park numbers/ranges apply clusterwide and are not Unified CM node-specific) or False (a Unified CM node is required to be associated with call park numbers/ranges and the numbers/ranges cannot overlap across nodes). When this parameter is set to True, the field Cisco Unified Communications Manager, on the Call Park Configuration window in Unified CM Administration is ignored. You will be required to make a selection in that field, but if this parameter is set to True, Unified CM will not enforce the selection. Note: In order for the change to take effect on a cluster-wide basis, you must restart all Cisco CallManager services. This parameter will be removed in Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 9.0(1), at which time the call park feature will function clusterwide by default and the per-node field, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, on the Call Park Configuration window in Unified CM Administration will be removed.
  This is a required field.
  Default: False
  : In order for the change to take effect on a cluster-wide basis, you must restart all Cisco CallManager and Cisco CTIManager services in the cluster.

Besides that, I'd check CSS/partitions

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime.....I will make the changes as soon as possible.