cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring the Feature button on 6911

CHRIS KAM
Level 1
Level 1

I've been searching and can't seem to find the default settings for the Feature button on the Cisco 6911 IP Phone or how to program it.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!

This is about all I've found in the Admin Guide:

Depending on how the phone is set up in Cisco Unified Communications Manager, the programmable feature button provides access to the Speed dialing, Call Forward, Pickup, Group Pickup, and Meet Me features. Users can configure up to nine items on the feature key. The user accesses each of these features by pressing the feature key followed by the number associated with the feature. The number must be pressed within five seconds of pressing the feature key. The number can only be a single digit number from 1-9.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thomas Dominic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

Did you try the phone button template on the CUCM. That should help you configure the feature button. If this does not help kindly post in the thread, I will try to implement the same myslef and get back to you.

Regards

Thomas

P.S. Please rate helpfull answers

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Thomas Dominic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

Did you try the phone button template on the CUCM. That should help you configure the feature button. If this does not help kindly post in the thread, I will try to implement the same myslef and get back to you.

Regards

Thomas

P.S. Please rate helpfull answers

Yes.  I copied the Standard 6911 SCCP phone button template and modified it, changed 2 to Forward All.  I applied this to the phone and reset the device.  After reset I went off-hook, pressed the Function button and the number 2.  I got a fast busy.

I played some more and foud out that it is working.  It's just a little confusing.  In the Phone Button Template you have 10 buttons, the first is the Line.  You can configured the remaining buttons 2-10.  When used with the Function button, the buttons are all programmed button -1, meaning when I configued button #2 for Forward All, I needed to press Function 1 to activate.  When tested this worked.

I found this in error when I configured a speed dial.  I put the Speed Dial on Button 3 and Function 3 didn't work.  For some reason I decided to try Function 2 again, thinking it was Forward All and the configured Speed Dial worked.

Good old crazy Cisco, LOL.

Thanks for the help!!

Hi Chris,

Did you try setting up one of the easier to test features like Speed Dial for instance, if that works we can be sure we are on the right track as far as setting up the feature button goes .

Regards

Thomas Dominic

Hi Chris,

Great it worked . Have fun.

Regards

Thomas