Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection issues

Hello, I recently purchased a iwatsu voip phone, now I 100% its not a cisco phone but I know it is similar to one so I am mainly wondering if anyone can tell me why my phone says "Waiting for response from DHCP Server" and then it will say No DHCP or System info found please use manual setup, again I know this isn't a cisco phone but I was thinking maybe other people had similar issues, now I was thinking my regular wifi router will work for this as it has a dhcp server on it however im starting to wonder if it simply isnt compatible because I have the iwatsu icon ix5910 and also the 5900 and both say the same thing so I know the phone cant be broken

9 Replies 9

ammahend
VIP
VIP

I don't think its a comparability issue, are you able to get an address through DHCP on a laptop or any other device ?

-hope this helps-

I'm not sure exactly what you mean? Like do you mean going on another device and trying to get a DHCP adress out of it?

Yes, like when you connect a laptop with your WiFi router, do you get an IP address via DHCP ?

-hope this helps-

I see my laptop come up on the dhcp ip list on my router settings yeah

looking through the phone spec, this is a wired only phone, you are connected on LAN port of phone right ? also regular Cisco phones need to learn about their call manager through option 150 which comes through DHCP, is there such a thing with this phone, if yes is it configured ?

-hope this helps-

Hi, so yes I did have it plugged into the Lan port and as for the other question I think I might of saw something like that on there but id have to double check when at the phone again will you be here tomorrow as well? Just curious

Hi, so I was just checking and i dont see anything for a option like that

Hi,

150 DHCP option is to provide the clinet whit the TFTP IP address. This is usefull for IP Phones that need it to catch their configuration.

Other phones, I think this is the case, need to be manually configured with SIP Proxy info. The main point is.... Is the Phone getting an IP Address?

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

If the phone is not getting IP, in generic this is a network issue . If Cisco switch port is access, try chaining to trunk i have seen some thrid party working  with trunk port .

If the above doesn work then On Cisco switch port configure both  voice and data vlan, keep them on same vlan. See if the phone gets IP or not.

If not you may need to reach out to iwatsu support.

Response Signature