I have migrated from cisco call manager 4.1.3 to cucm 7.1.5, every change that I have made is replicated to de suscriber without problems (phones, css, partitions, locations, etc) but when I need to active or to stop any service to suscriber from publisher display a error that say:
"Connection to the Server cannot be established (Unable to access Remote Node)"
I verify commands show network cluster, utils ntp status and all is ok, Publisher can ping suscriber and viceversa.
Somebody can help me with this?
Go to the navigation link on the upper right hand side of the page. Select Cisco Unified Reporting, and hit Go. Log in with the application admin account (not the platform admin account)
Select System Reports ==> Unified CM Database Status
Click the icon link to build/rebuild the report. Once the report is up, scroll down the page and look for anything that isn't healthy. If you need help on what to do next, click the icon at the top to download the report in an XML format, and then upload it to this thread.
I'm thinking you've got some issues around host file names, and possibly replication, but I need to see the output from that report to be sure.
Based on what you attached, replication is okay, but the subscriber actually is showing that it's got a backup in the queue.
If I were you, I'd do the following:
On the sub execute:
utils dbreplicaton stop
Once it stops, on the pub execute:
utils dbreplication stop
Let it stop. the on the sub, execute:
utils dbreplication dropadmindb
Let it stop. Then on the pub, execute:
utils dbreplication dropadmindb
Once this finishes, execute the following on the pub:
utils dbreplication clusterreset
This will take quite a while to finish. You can monitor it with the RTMT tool while it runs.
Once it completes, it is recommended that you REBOOT the entire cluster.
If that didn't work, then you'll need to get a TAC case going. You've got something deeper going on.
I have the same issue on a two server 8.0.3 cluster. Replication is all good but I can't access the subscriber from the servicability pages or visa versa. Did you manage to get this issue resolved with TAC?
I am experiencing exactly the same issue after upgrade from 4.1(3) to 7.1(5). Please share the solution if/when you have one.
I have te same issue on my Unity Connection PUB. I have upgraded PUB to 8.6 (from 8.5), and now I can not connect to the web interace of the SUB, and I have same error message as you had: Connection to the Server cannot be established (Unable to access Remote Node).
I have IP connectivity between PUB and SUB.
Can you pls let me know if you could solve your issue and what the solution was?
Daniel, I'm running Unity Connection 8.5(1)SU1 on VMWare ESXi and using DNS Client=Yes, everything installed good and now on Publisher I'm getting Connection to the Server cannot be established (Unable to access Remote Node) trying to Cisco Unified Serviceability > Services (trying to enable DirSync).
I've seen two things cause this before. First if you have an application user named "administrator" and you happen to have an end user with a user ID of "administrator" also, the end user will be used when you login so if the permissions are not correct you won't be able to view a different nodes services. The other thing I've seen is expiered certificates causing the connection to fail between the two servers.
For me it was the certificates
I had to go into OS Administration, click on the callmanager, tomcat, ipsec, capf and tvl certs and regenerate them. I had to do this on each one of the servers in the cluster.
Once this is complete, you need to reboot the entire cluster. When the cluster comes back up, you should be good to go.
Hope this helps, and thanks to Joe for the info.
Had this issue afer migrating to VM's and upgrading from 8.0(2) to 9.1 - regenerated the certs per your information, restarted all servers in cluster, worked a treat.
For those who are less knowlegeable and want a little more detail...
Login to OS Administration GUI (Cisco Unified OS administration) for all servers in the cluster (in our case 1 x Publisher & 1 x Subscriber), Select "Security" > "Certificate Management" > click "Find" which returns a bunch of certificates.
Clickon each of the following in turn, then click "Regenerate" when taken to the certificate configuration screen, once it updates, click on "Go" to go back to the list and then move onto the next one in the list.
Once you have done this for all servers in the cluster - restart them (I didn't do it in any particular order) - from CLI (or VM console) "utils system restart".
After all were back up and running - connectivity was back again.