cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory search via newer phones (ie 8851's), first name entry length issue

thompson.josh
Level 1
Level 1

We have long had our conference rooms setup in the end user directory (Corporate directory from the phone directory perspective) using the following format.
First name: Building + room number
Last name: Conference Room
This was never an issue on the old models as the entire first name was displayed on the search result.  The newer phones phones are cutting off the first name on the displayed search results though.  So instead of seeing a search result of "Conference Room, AS 103.03  XXXX" we are now seeing "Conference Room, AS...  XXXX".  It appears that the search result "name" field is significantly truncated on these newer devices (specifically the 8851) which is causing issues as our end users can no longer effectively search for conference room telephone numbers.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?  Seems to me that possible solutions could be expanding this "name" field so the full name is displayed, or allowing the entire name entry to scroll on the search result screen.  So far I haven't found any documented solutions and I would really prefer to not have edit all these end user entries.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK there's no way to control how the results are displayed, you would need to discuss this with your SE/AM and probably submit a PER with the business case so it can be considered.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime.  I have contacted my Cisco team and update the post again with an update after their response.