cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

creating hunt group off incoming pattern

julio
Level 1
Level 1

I have an H323 gateway and my incoming translation pattern receives a number 1000 that i want to send to a DN (2500).  Is there a way to make this translation pattern hit a trunk or hunt group instead?

Right now I am forwarding the 1000 number to go to a CTI Route Point (2500).  In case of a WAN outage between my gateway and the Call Manager, I want to be sure that I can still forward the 1000 number to another number.  This is the number for my main number so I want to be sure that all the calls that are to go to the 1000 main number go somewhere in case I am in SRST mode.

Currently my config looks like this

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /^1000/ /2500/    (the incoming number is 1000 and I am forwarding it to a CTI Route Point 1000)

I want be sure that in case, my gateway has lost connectivity to the Call Manager, I won't lose any calls.  In the scenario above, all calls are routed to a CTI Route Point so there is no failover.  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can also configure that for SRST using a different rule

Enabling Translation Profiles

Cisco SRST 3.2 and later and Cisco Unified SRST 4.0 and later support  translation profiles. Translation profiles are the suggested way to  allow you to group translation rules and provide instructions on how to  apply the translation rules to the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/srst/configuration/guide/srs_call.html#wp1009566

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

the link doesn't work. can you repost it?