cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI ports for emergency responder (CER)

shahid.shah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks, Can somebody please help me clear my understanding regarding CTI Port created for the purpose of CER calls to security personnel? 

See the following for details on "Creating the required CTI Ports"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/8_6/english/administration/guide/e911c42.html#wp1045708

So I am creating the CTI ports (based on the same example, 3001 and up) but I am not sure how the call is actually routed to the security personnel. Do I also have to assign 3001 as DN for security personnel where the call would ring?

Thanks..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The CTI Ports are only used to originate onsite alert phone call, you do not assign it to anyone, simply define it in CER build the port in CER and associate with CER application user. Then when emergency call is made and if onsite alert is associated with the ERL that emergency call was made from, CER will trigger the automatic phone call to the onsite alert extension, the call needs to be originated from somewhere and that is what the CTI port is for.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The CTI Ports are only used to originate onsite alert phone call, you do not assign it to anyone, simply define it in CER build the port in CER and associate with CER application user. Then when emergency call is made and if onsite alert is associated with the ERL that emergency call was made from, CER will trigger the automatic phone call to the onsite alert extension, the call needs to be originated from somewhere and that is what the CTI port is for.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks very much for a quick reply on this !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: