Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBAC login issues

silvanjappert1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having some issues with our attendant console for the receptionist.  It works for a few days after some processes are restarted - by our phone support company - however after 2-3 days she is no longer to login for her particular extension.  The following error is received:

Error message is 172.16.55.13. invalid extension.

She can still log in under any other extension - tried mine just for testing purposes.

Our support company has been troubleshooting this for several MONTHS with no resolution, they applied a patch to our esx hosts this weekend that was supposed to hopefully solve the issue but it just happened again today so I want to try and resolve this myself instead of using up support hours.

Does anyone have any suggestions on possible fixes?

6 Replies 6

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Not done much with cubac but found this link

http://forum.arcsolutions.com/showthread.php?1838-quot-Invalid-Extension-quot-only-happens-to-1-PC&s=0e5f2a3b56f14207a969fa01761f2bba

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

thanks, I found that one earlier as well but not really the same issue.  This isn't PC specific but Extension specific.  I installed the cubac software on my laptop and tried to log into the reception extension and i'm getting the same error, however I can log into my own just fine, and she can log into another just fine.

I'm thinking reseting or deleting and re-adding the phone/DN might have to be the route to go but was hoping there was another resolution.

Hi,

What about checking that the extn is association with CUBAC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/arcag20114.pdf

Page 70 onwards

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

interesting enough I can't even find that menu in the web gui.  I'm going to restart the CUBAC server tonight and see if it shows up, maybe thats part of the problem.

Silvan,

You cannot find that menu option as the guide in the link provided is for a pretty old version of CUBAC, that bit of configuration is no longer required which is why there is no menu option in the Web Admin.

The issue you are describing is a CTI issue as appossed to a CUBAC issue (although you see the issue fronted in CUBAC). For whatever reason, the CTI information for that particular device is not being received by the CUBAC server, this is resolved by a restart of services as the TAPI connection is refreshed.

There are a few things I would suggest:

1.) As it seems to be an issue with only a single phone, delete this phone and line and recreate it

2.) If the issue persists after number 1 then try restarting the CTI Manager on the CUCM followed by a restart of the CUBAC Server (actual machine as appossed to services)

3.) If 1 or 2 does not resolve the issue then try accociating the phone to the Application User which is used by the CUBAC Server

4.) If 1, 2 and 3 do not work then your best bet would be a TAC case to see why the CTI information for that device stops coming through to the CUBAC Server

Hope this helps

Thanks Jamie!  Step 1 that you mentioned was going to be my next plan of attack.  If that doesn't work I'll move onto the next steps that you provided.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: