Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE connection to TSP with two SIP trunks; directed to same SIP proxy

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I have a problem regarding my somewhat atypical CUBE setup, any ideas here are welcome.

I have CUCM cluster in VoIP VLAN. I also have a CUBE (3441 with 3 GE ifs) in VoIP VLAN on inner side and with P2P connection to TSP's CPE on the outside.

everything works as expected.

Now customer would like to separate a certain number of phones in his system and make them go out through different trunk, so that they get separate bill. TSP

said it is best if we can send other customer through separate physical link on CUBE, i.e to add another p2p link on CUBE

The biggest issue I have here is how to route those calls.

Let's say my TSP's SIP proxy is X.X.X.X.

p2p IP address 1 : a.a.a.a

p2p IP address 2 : b.b.b.b

For both group of phones I have to send the calls to session-target:X.X.X.X. However for first group I want to send them through a.a.a.a and for the second group

through b.b.b.b

As I can have only one static route this obviously will not work:

IP route x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255 a.a.a.a (or b.b.b.b)

Should I include policy based routing? or VRFs? For both of those approaches I seem to be stuck and can't really test it at the moment in my lab

Any suggestions welcome

Best regards
Goran

1 Reply 1

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes

if you do not want to use two connections in active standby fashion (one trough a.a.a.a and one through b.b.,b.b, for which you could use dial peers with different preferences),  you would need to use policy based routing. so on group of phones' source subnet gets routed through a.a.a.a for x.x.x.x and the second group of phones gets route to b.b.b.b to get to x.x.x.x.  

Please rate if useful 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.