Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE Dial-Peer Configuration Between two CMEs

AntDPre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, 

So I have a GNS3 environment where I have CME-->CUBE(on CME)<--CME. My intention is to have the CUBE act as a default dial-peer for the CMEs on the left of the topology. Both CMEs have the relevant voice register/voice service/dial-peers pointing to each other. I will eventually add other CMEs to the right side of the topology and as I said I would like CUBE to function as a default dial-peer for the CME on the lefts side of the topology. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what the relevant configurations on the CUBE should look like?

Thanks everyone!

2 Replies 2

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you want the CUBE to route the calls between the two CMEs, then you need to add two dial-peers in CUBE pointing to each of the CMEs and have one dial-peer in each of the CMEs pointing to the CUBE.

For example:

you have extensions XXXX in CME 1 and XXXX in CME 2, then assign a dummy prefix for each site in CUBE to identify which site extensions it needs to route. By this way, if the user dials just 4 digits, it will reach local extensions and if they dial with the other site prefix, it will routed to the other CME via CUBE.

For CME 1, assign a prefix 1 before the extension and for CME 2 assign a prefix 2.

In CUBE:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 1XXXX 

forward-digits 4

Session target would be CME 1

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 2XXXX 

forward-digits 4

Session target would be CME 2

In CME 1, configure the below dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 2XXXX 

Session target would be CUBE

In CME 2, configure the below dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 1XXXX 

Session target would be CUBE

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

First of all, what you mean by cube as default dial-peer. explanation of default dial-peer is mentioned below. 

The Default Dial-Peer 0 peer_tag=0, pid:0

If no incoming dial peer is matched by the router or gateway, the inbound call leg is automatically routed to a default dial peer (POTS or Voice-Network). This default dial peer is referred to as dial-peer 0 or pid:0.

Below mentioned links explains both inbound and outbound dial-peers on IOS. if you go through it you can make your on dial-peers.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/14074-in-dial-peer-match.html

Hope you are doing this for lab practise,  if you have conflict dial-plan you can use prefix when sending call to cube. if you left side and right side doest have conflict, creat a simple dial-peer with destinations to cube and on cube create dial-peers to forward it to the next destination.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: