Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE / ITSP resilience behind multple ASAs

ripcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a pair of CUBEs, one each in two Data Centres behind ASAs. Each ASA has a static NAT on a public IP to the internal CUBE in that location. The ITSP automatically fails over inbound calls to the second trunk if the primary goes down. Inbound failover works fine.

=> ITSP1 => ASA1 => CUBE1

=> ITSP2 => ASA2 => CUBE2

Outbound we have each CUBE in a RG and a single RL.

My question is - how do we force CUBE1 to failover to the secondary ITSP trunk if the primary is down ? I think the static NAT is a problem. I really need traffic to traverse CUBE2 if ITSP1 is down.

TIA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Its depend upon what ITSP1 sends when its circuit is down , generally CUCM reroute call on all cause code except two  i.e. Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag and Stop Routing on User Busy Flag which can set to false from service parameter.

how do we force CUBE1 to failover to the secondary ITSP trunk if the primary is down ? - if you want do failover on CUBE itself then you need to configure dial-peers which OPTION ping (Only is SIP case) to failover to other link.

Here is one of the thread.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Its depend upon what ITSP1 sends when its circuit is down , generally CUCM reroute call on all cause code except two  i.e. Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag and Stop Routing on User Busy Flag which can set to false from service parameter.

how do we force CUBE1 to failover to the secondary ITSP trunk if the primary is down ? - if you want do failover on CUBE itself then you need to configure dial-peers which OPTION ping (Only is SIP case) to failover to other link.

Here is one of the thread.