cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE - SIP Refer pass through vs consume

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Ran across an interesting situation, and I'm playing with in the lab and scratching my head on this.

If we want to be able pass through a sip refer (i.e. out of our network) so that the carrier will redirect (transfer) a call and drop us out, then we add the following commands:

voice service voip
  supplementary-service sip refer
  sip
   referto-passing

This works fine if we want to pass the sip refer OUT to the carrier, but how do you force the CUBE to consume a refer that COMES from the carrier side?  If the sip refer hits the cube with this configuration, cube dutifully passes it back to CUCM, which does not handle it.

Is there any way to make it passthrough in one direction and consume the sip-refer in the other?

3 Replies 3

Nuno Melo
Level 4
Level 4

As per documentation you need to use to consume sip refers

no supplementary-service sip refer

If this can be done per call-leg basis not really sure

Like many things SIP, this can be done globally, but also at the dial peer level.  I've tried following the documentation to get it to consume the refer, but it's not working.  I'm still playing with it in the lab, but it's frustrating that there aren't some good working examples available.

Yes, you can do it at the dial-peer level, what i meant in a per-call basis was if the cube can actually inter-work between a call-leg with refer enable and one with refer disable, which i believe is what you are trying to achieve , regarding an example i have posted a screenshot bellow

Untitled.png

You could try to do it per dial-peer using

dial-peer voice xxx voip
no supplementary-service sip refer
no voice-class sip referto-passing

Reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_sip/configuration/xe-3s/cube-sip-xe-3s-book/m_voi-cub-sip-dyn-refer-handling.html

However not all of the cube sip features in my experience can be inter-worked some the cube either pass-through between dial-peers  or are consumed cube  wide, cube documentation does not actually state inter-work is possible even if you chose to do it at the dial-peer level, in this case since there is no statement it does or does not i would confirm that with tac.