cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBEs, transcoding and media flow around.

filipequintela
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Is it possible to have media flow around and transcoding at the same time or is it mandatory to have media pass though configured?

I'm looking for a way to have all my endpoints talking P2P and have media pass though only if it's necessary trasnscoding. I have this necessity since i'm trying to integrate with other technologies that aren't CISCO.

Any advices would be great and thanks in advance.

BR,

Filipe             

1 Reply 1

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

I haven't tested this, but this doc indicates it's possible to configure flow-throgh/flow-around at the dial-peer level.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb-gw-sipsip.html#wp1324447

The catch is that you wouldn't be able to have the CUBE determine whether the call needs a transcoder or not.  You'd need to know those requirements beforehand, and create a dial-peer matching strategy to encompass the various scenarios you're looking to drive.

So if the CUBE is connecting a specific platform to another specific platform, you could match it with the dial-peer, and then use that media flow-around config for it (or not, as appropriate).

If you need to make this determination on-the-fly, I don't think it's possible, and doing it per endpoint wouldn't really scale well.